Trouble with Modules

Introduction

More often than not, if Foundry VTT (on The Forge, or elsewhere) is running slowly, it is usually the fault of module issues (whether a module issue by itself, a module conflicting with another, etc.). This article is intended to give you the tools to find issues with the modules you use so that you can go about running your games, and not worry about fighting the software.

Performing a Module Audit

1. First, confirm that there is a module issue by enabling safe configuration for the world. If this fixes the issues in your game, it is likely a module or module conflict at fault.
  2. Install the Quick Module Enable module.
    This can be done via the Foundry VTT Setup, or via The Bazaar (https://forge-vtt.com/bazaar#type=module&package=quick-module-enable)
  3. Enable the Module:
  4. Navigate once again to “Module Management”. You will see new sections inside. We will focus on the Major Mismatch section.
  5. Click on the “Major Mismatch” section
  6. Check for any major mismatches, and disable them one by one. If disabling a module fixes the issue, you will have found the culprit.

I’ve cleaned up my “Major Mismatch” but am still having issues

1. Start taking a look at the “Minor Mismatch” section as well
  2. Head over to The Forge Discord (The Forge) and hit us up for help in the #forge-support channel
1 Like

Are you saying that the Minor Mismatch area is not really an issue? I am not having any slowdowns, but also don’t want to find out during the game session that there are issues. The current “Minor Mismatch” modules for me are

• About Time
  • GM Notes
  • Group Initiative
  • Health Estimate
  • lib - Color Settings
  • Pings
  • Token Mold
    That seems like an awful lot of minor issues.

The shared compendium module is coming up as a major mismatch. Is this safe to use, considering it’s a core feature of the forge?

Perfectly fine, with what the Module does, you never need to worry about it saying it’s a mismatch. There’s a way to make it stop doing that, but it’s really not important.

Figured that was the case, but thought it’d be better to check :wink:

1 Like