I often update The Forge servers, add new features or bugfixes and improve the general user experience.
You will find a summary of all updates that occur and how it affects your gaming experience.
January 12th 2020
- Automatically redirect
FilePicker.browseAPI to browsing the assets library when a module tries to browse for files in a non existing folder from the Data or user sources.
- Improve idle game detection by resetting inactivity timer when server side events occur (chat message is created, token is moved, actor is updated, active scene is changed, etc…) to prevent inaccurately detecting an inactive tab that is observing a game only.
- Lower game inactivity threshold to 1 hour when user is alone and no other players are connected to the game
- Lower game inactivity threshold to 2 hours as server activity + local activity should handle all use cases now and be more than enough for everyone.
- Handle use case of a paypal using account paying for an invoice through the stripe hosted portal, so the subscription status gets correctly updated. Also improves subscription status handling in general for the paypal use case.
- In case of error contacting S3 storage, retry after a short delay to improve access to assets when S3 backend is having network issues.
January 8th 2020
- Rename “Extra Data” on the site to “Extra Game Data” to avoid some possible confusion for users wanting to increase their Assets
- Improve Foundry orchestrator to avoid a possible race condition and remove risk of infinite loop in case of slow process boot up
- Fix a rare error that could happen when proxying websocket data on a stopped instance after it gets auto started.
January 1st 2020
- Happy new year everyone!
- Revert Germany VAT rates to the standard 19% rates
- Boxing Week sale coupon has expired (will apply to anyone who subscribed during the Boxing Week)
- Revert the christmas logo to the regular logo
- Fix an issue with subscriptions for Paypal users where unpaid invoices didn’t stop finalizing future invoices from being generated for delinquent accounts.
December 26th 2020
- Whaaaatt??? For realz? Yep! Added a 10% off sale for Boxing Week (Backend + frontend support)!
- Added support for viewing pending invoice items and account balance during invoice preview when user has credits to their account (contest winners, gift cards)
- Add a database-backed system for service announcements and the ability to dismiss them on a per user session basis.
December 24th 2020
- Fix issue preventing some custom manifest urls from installing when the url didn’t end in
- Improve the ‘My Account’ page to display better on smaller screens (thanks @bmarian)
- Change the Forge logo in the page header to be more festive
December 21st 2020
- In invoice preview, show British users the GBP currency as a reference instead of euros.
- Fix Yukon province code from
YT, which prevented Yukon subscriptions from working
December 19th 2020
- Report error when Foundry fails to start instead of showing an “error communicating” error
- Fix issue with detecting the correct latest version of a module when the manifest url doesn’t match the URL in the manifest itself
- Ensure the data directory is always purged when a new Explorer Mode is enabled, in case some files were left over after a change of user region.
- Fix issue installing premium modules when the game had a Foundry world configured as last launched
- Clarify the “Unknown system error -122” error from Foundry when installing premium modules to say that it’s a data exceeded error
- Show link to the forums for information on how to install premium modules when an error occurs
December 16th 2020
- Change jQuery library dependency from code.jquery.com to cdnjs.cloudflare.com CDN due to the former having some issues loading for some people
- Fix an issue where the Forge service config file wasn’t taken into account with the new containerized applications
- Include the Forge module in the
/streamendpoint to allow automatic idling of those sessions as well.
December 14th 2020
- Fix Foundry server crashing on load for unusually large or corrupted worlds by doubling RAM limitations on the containers and configuring node’s heap options to make efficient use of RAM and Swap.
- Fix import wizard failing to import a world from zip where the world is in the root directory of the zip file
- Fix a server side crash during zip extraction when an uploaded zip archive contains absolute paths, as the path rejection error was left uncaught.
December 13th 2020
- Assets library now distributed over 49 worldwide locations! (update count in region change dialog)
- Speed up game boot time from idle dramatically by dropping support for automatically re-linking all Bazaar modules when downgrading from Foundry 0.6.4+ to an earlier version
- Remove the forced 1 second delay to redirect to Foundry after boot that was caused by a bug in Foundry 0.7.5
- Add a button to delete a user’s content if worlds exist and their subscription was cancelled
- Allow installs of json manifest even if the URL points to a file with the wrong mimetype
- Show more verbose error messages if encountering an error installing a package from manifest
- Fix a display bug and show error details when encountering an error deleting an asset
- Fix impossible issue trying to browse or delete an asset which has a null byte character in its name
- Display the exact server side error when failing to upload an asset
- Fix error that occured when uploading a zero-sized asset file
- Fix issues with the server-side Docker deployment for Foundry
- Kubernetes cluster upgrade and firewall restriction on services
December 7th 2020
- Fix issue with the “Return to setup” button not working anymore from the join screen (Fixed on December 2nd after it was reported an API change broke the feature)
- Major infrastructure change for enhanced security and performance:
- Added docker support where each Foundry instance is isolated from the rest of the system (deployment will be progressive).
- Trying out Foundry under Node 14.x for performance and stability
- Fine tuned load balancer configuration to improve performance during peak hour load
- Fix issue where Foundry would not have the license file pre-configured when you add your full license while in Explorer Mode
- Tweak the text of the explorer mode activation dialog
- Add a workaround for a potential database read-concern issue causing the “No suitable server found” error that appears rarely to some users.
- Fix the wrong redirection to the “configure players” screen on User-manager enabled games, for a GM who isn’t the game owner.
- Override the ‘configure players’ button redirection from the client side to avoid doing two requests to get to the correct final URL.
December 1st 2020
- Fix some API calls to manage games possibly returning the wrong JSON data due to how internal system API calls were handled
- Fix the missing warning about the server needing a restart when a game is in session and a package is installed in the bazaar
- Redirect requests to the correct region when using API requests with an Access Key or an OAuth Bearer Token, when the API related to the user’s Data
- Fix Bazaar optimized content when it refers to assets from other modules or systems (Dragon Festival world for example, which uses dnd5e and dn5eja assets)
- Fix missing assets discovery during optimization of packages when the asset path is urlencoded
- Ensure the scenes thumbnails directory is always created when installing worlds from the Bazaar even if original Data didn’t contain the directory
- Prevent uploads to the
[Bazaar]pseudo directory from within the File Picker.
- Change the behavior of the
/game/idleAPI endpoint when the game slug is not specified, to only idle the game if it was online.
- Added Atropos Batllemaps to the Bazaar’s list of Patreon-linked Premium content
Due to a limit on the size of this single post, the rest of the changelog has been moved to the archives section here : Forge Server changelog archives