I often update The Forge servers, add new features or bugfixes and improve the general user experience.
You will find a summary of all updates that occur and how it affects your gaming experience.
July 27th 2021
- Added the new Oceania region with the entire new Forge server design set up in Australia!
- Fixed an issue which caused region changes to be slow to react in the UI after clicking the submit button
- Fixed a rare but possible issue with region changes where the success of the data synchronization could fail but it would be detected as successful.
- Add a direct link to package changelog in the “Update All” window from the Bazaar
- Bazaar Updater: Fix an issue with optimization of paths that use
/for image paths.
- Bazaar Updater: Slight optimization in the API requests sent to the Foundry server
- Added support for the OVH API in the Forge’s autoscaler
- Misc: lots of small behind the scene changes to help with the new server setup and configuration
July 14th 2021
- Added a 404 error page that looks nicer than the previously displayed “Page not found” error
- Fixed an issue where the user’s profile and quotas were not properly displayed when the site is showing an error, or in the 404 page
- Added a page for our current job posting
- Fix an issue with IPv6 users where the IP address that was detected for geolocation purposes during checkout, would be the CDN proxy’s instead of the user’s.
- Improve autoscaler health checks to ensure smoother autoscaling liveness probes
- Force idle games with single user after 12 hours, as a workaround for a Foundry bug that would report a user as active in a game even if none are logged in
- Added support for autoscaling using the OVH service provider’s API
- Misc changes to the server deployment scripts and documentation in preparation for the new provider/Australian server move.
July 11th 2021
- Change cover image for asset packs into a 1:1 ratio image instead of 2:1 as it is a more appropriate image ratio for asset packs
- Change all Bazaar packages under the “pay what you want” model that have a minimum price, into showing up as a “Pay X$ or more” model
- Display and use the minimum pricing instead of the suggested price by default for all “Pay X or more” packages.
- Add a “Suggested price” line in the cart when adding an item with “Pay what you want” or “Pay X or more” models
- Display a sign next to the “Pay X or more” packages instead of the sign next to the “Pay what you want” packages to differentiate them
- Do not show a sale banner for Pay what you want content, as it doesn’t make sense
- Display all the regular install buttons (disabled) with pricing for the Bazaar content when the user is not signed in, instead of a “Install” button
- When browsing for Bazaar files from within Foundry, only display the assets that available from the specific version that was installed
- Clean up the bazaar browsing paths so there is no “assets” subfolder to navigate through
- Clean up the bazaar browsing paths so marketplace modules do not show their unique random identifier in the path
- Remove the asset optimizer options from Foundry file picker as those options are not currently working until we re-implement the optimizer for the new CDN
- Added a system for health reporting and auto-restart of the bazaar updater to prevent any more freeze ups of the updater processes
- Fix issue with the autoscaler causing upscaling of the cluster to take longer than expected due to an upstream library bug causing a command to lock up
- Small improvements to the Bazaar creator’s dashboard
June 25th 2021
- Add the ability to version lock packages in the Bazaar UI
- Add ability to select which packages to update in the Bazaar’s “Update All” UI
- Add the option to choose which version of a package to install from the Bazaar
- D&D Beyond integration: Allow importing
Frozen SickD&D Beyond content without having access to the Beta program (through Patreon)
- D&D Beyond integration: Add support or Backgrounds and background features and variants
- D&D BEyond integration: Add support for using ddb-meta-data for adding Scene data to adventures (walls and lighting) during import
- D&D Beyond integration: Remove inclusion of a book’s CSS file which could cause conflicts with Foundry
- Modify assets library’s handling of CORS to allow the CDN webp optimizer to function properly
- Fix purging of the CDN cache for some files that use special characters in their URL
- Disable syncing between Bunny CDN and Cloudflare CDN now that DNS propagation is complete, and update the UI to indicate the 200+ locations for the new CDN’s geodistribution.
June 21st 2021
- Add support for the Cloudflare CDN purge API in preparation for move to new CDN provider
- Correctly implement CORS handling in the asset library’s downloader proxy, rather than relying on the CDN to override CORS headers.
- Update the Forge module to use the upload subservice for uploads to the assets library, bypassing the Cloudflare’s proxy limitations.
- Correctly save and return the latest Foundry version used in launching a game (was causing new accounts to start on 0.8.6 instead of the latest).
- Add the ability to update core Foundry version when on a release channel, from the Forge page without launching into a world
- Change default Foundry version to 0.8.7
- Slightly improve accuracy of latency pings from the region change dialog
- Add system to verify all of a user’s D&D Beyond entitlements during conversion, in preparation for future update
June 16th 2021
- Add support for the new authentication mechanism in 0.8.7, fixing the user management features
- Add APIs to lock package versions from the Bazaar (UI to follow soon)
- Fix a race condition that can happen between subscription changes and Stripe webhooks
June 5th 2021
- Add support for the new API changes in 0.8.x for package installation. Fixes the update log dialog showing errors despite installs succeeding.
- Disable CDN support for core translation modules due to a bug in 0.8.6 (requires reinstall of module)
- Fix discrepancy between a game’s core language and what the Forge interface shows
- Add internal API for license key removal from user account (UI to follow soon)
June 2nd 2021
- Fix listing of user’s purchased premium packages from Foundry, after an internal API update
- Added caching of owned packages to limit number of API requests during frequent user reloads of the bazaar
June 1st 2021
Due to a limit on the size of this single post, the rest of the changelog has been moved to the archives section here : Forge Server changelog archives