I often update The Forge servers, add new features or bugfixes and improve the general user experience.
You will find a summary of all updates that occur and how it affects your gaming experience.
July 6th & 8th 2020
- Fix Bazaar issue with regards to systems or modules that may change their name (such as
- Add Foundry VTT 0.6.5 to the stable release channel and update server with the updated 0.6.5 version
- Add a link to the FAQ/Tutorial for more information on how to use the shared compendium feature.
July 5th 2020
- Add Foundry 0.6.5 to the Alpha and Beta channels
- Add display of maximum asset upload size to the
My Accountlist of quotas
- Add local Audio/Video relay servers for Europe and Asia regions
- Enable DTLS encryption for A/V relay servers for increased security
- Add a more secure time-based per-user authentication system for locking access to the Audio/Video relay servers
- Minor miscellaneous infrastructure changes
July 1st 2020
- Fix an issue when trying to check for updates on a custom installed package
- Add better support for unexpected values in a module’s
- Remove access to free subscription for Patreons as planned
- Temporarily decrease German VAT rate from 19% to 16% according to the latest COVID-19 economic stimulus package.
June 29th 2020
- Fix a bug which sometimes prevented the “Select Data Files to Delete” dialog from the Table page from opening
- Remove the Table Tools dropdown button and make the table tools options appear as separate buttons
- Change the start server/stop server buttons to green/red respectively
- Add a brief explanation of what the Shared Compendiums are and how to use them.
June 25th 2020
- Add support for the Bazaar
- Intercept Package listing, installation, update check and uninstallation from Foundry and use the Bazaar content automatically
- Automatically synchronize the Bazaar with the official Foundry package list
- Optimize all Compendiums to use the Bazaar’s Assets Library
- Optimize specific systems and modules to use the Bazaar’s Assets Library for loading the package’s scripts and styles
- Add Bazaar page to the website with basic information about the feature, and as placeholder for the upcoming Bazaar browser.
- Add API support for installing packages through the Bazaar via API
- Add support for bypassing the bazaar with
?bazaar=disabledin the manifest URL, if the user wants it
- Attempt Bazaar install of systems and modules in the Import Wizard based on package name and local version
- Remove the separate “My Games” page and make it the main site page instead.
- Delegate Foundry websocket proxying to a microservice to allow for website updates and maintenance without the 5 second interruption to ongoing games.
- Prevent import of a world if a world with the same name already exists, to avoid accidental overwrites.
- Add ability to export compendium modules
- Automatically idle/reload Foundry if the FVTT Version, Game URL or Admin key is changed.
- Add an API to start, stop and idle games
- Fix shared compendium that Forge creates from not showing its compendiums in FVTT 0.6.4
- Fix broken “Delete content” UI when a package has quotes in its description.
- Fix invalid/corrupt modules from showing as empty line in the ‘Delete content’ dialog and show them in the orphans section instead
- Correctly report the size of a user data directory when it’s a symbolic link, in the ‘Delete content’ dialog
June 23rd 2020
- Added Foundry 0.6.4 support
- Fix possible issue when doing multiple folder creates in the assets library concurrently
- Add a button to reset the game invitation link
- Fix text saying “Done” before importing a world instead of “Loading assets library… Done”
June 20th 2020
- Fix a bug that was preventing some people from creating a new subscription after their trial period had ended
June 18th 2020
- Add Foundry 0.6.3 beta release
- Clarify plans text about the Game Master tier being able to create as many worlds as they want
- Add server-side security with possible leak of environment variable across processes
- Change the ‘Close without changes’ button on the last step of the subscription manager into “Close”
- Remove obsolete code during world import which enabled “The Forge” module while it’s not necessary anymore
- Disable direct uploads to the data directory by modules
- Properly implement redirects from game across regions when re-sending POST data after a region change
- Rename old/forgotten “Free Account” tier name into the “Player” tier name for the top page banner.
- Correct information about Extra availability
- Use ‘$’ sign as prefix instead of suffix in the Extra pricing of the plans page.
June 11th 2020
- Fix The Forge module not showing Assets Library when browsing for files/directories from some other modules, such as VTTA-tokenizer or Playlist Importer
June 10th 2020
- Prevent access to the Foundry /setup page by the non-owner user if no admin access key was set
- Prevent access to the Forge API from within the Foundry instance without an API key set. This prevents malicious modules from accessing private information about the account owner.
- Do better validations of XSRF tokens updates during API calls from the Forge module in Foundry.
- Fix issue with accessing “My Table” page when a world exists with an invalid world.json content
- Hide the “Change Extras” button in the subscription manager if there is no subscription but existing bonus free extras exist in the account (for patreon beta testers)
- Better sanity checking on billing information
- Change Subscription Manager UI to make it clear that closing the dialog without going to checkout will cancel all changes
- Skip entering billing information in subscription manager if downgrading or cancelling a plan
- Add a search box for more easily finding your country in the country selection list
- Make the State/Province selection list look nicer
- Fix an issue where the subscription end date was being miscalculated (still need to fix those accounts with a wrong value).
June 5th 2020
- Show world, system and module sizes in the delete content dialog
- Add Foundry VTT 0.6.2 update to the stable releases channel
- Add ability to export worlds data even after a subscription has been cancelled
- Added monthly revalidation of license keys in case a key has been leaked or refunded and revoked
- Fix a bug when trying to add extras on a monthly subscription
- Use the
$currency sign as a prefix instead of a suffix. Apparently it’s a prefix and it’s only used as a suffix in Quebec.
- Remove Tax ID field in billing information and disable support for B2B purchases since apparently, EU VAT-MOSS requires B2C support only.
September 17th 2019 => June 1st 2020
- 394 changes that I’ll spare you (and me) the details