What is The Bazaar?

The Bazaar is The Forge’s repository of Systems, Modules, Worlds, Assets, and more. It replaces Foundry’s default Install Menu with a sleek UI, allowing you to obtain both free content and modules, as well as pay for premium content offered on the Bazaar marketplace!

Through the Bazaar’s interface, you can install content you’ve obtained or purchased, preview modules or other content, check installation statistics, use a search function, and much, much more!

The Bazaar also provides some performance improvements, and reduces unnecessary duplication of module files across games. The additional features and advantages of the Bazaar include:

• Any systems or modules installed through the Bazaar will not use your user data.
  • All systems and modules are optimized to make use of the Assets Library features, and our worldwide network of servers to increase performance and make your games load much faster. No matter where you or your players live in the world, every user gets to enjoy the speedy fast nature of The Forge.
  • Installing a system or module through the Bazaar is instantaneous, and skips the Download and Install phase that Foundry requires.
  • Packages installed on the Bazaar will automatically be updated or downgraded to match your version of Foundry VTT- juggling modules versions are not required!

To update any system, module, or asset package, simply select “Update All” in The Bazaar. It will bring up a menu displaying which content has an available, compatible update, along with their current version, and updated version. From there, confirm an update by selecting “Update All”:

To use the Bazaar and install new packages, select the “Install” button for a specific package, and it will install the modules/systems/worlds automatically.

The packages available are automatically retrieved from the Bazaar. When you install a package, the Bazaar version will be used.

Please note that if a system or a module has compendium packs, those packages are copied to your data folder and count towards your Data Quota. This data is usually very small, but some systems such as Pathfinder 1e or 2e have very generous SRDs, and as a result have very extensive compendiums.

If you wish to install a specific module or system without using the optimized Bazaar version, you can paste a manifest URL under the Custom Module menu. If you have a custom version of a module or system, you can also upload it via the Import Wizard.

Purchasing/Gifting Content

Want to purchase content for yourself or for a friend? We have a guide here.

3 Likes

Once again, I have no words… This is absolutely fantastic. Thanks for all your hard work.

1 Like

Does the Bazaar work when using the module installer in Forge itself? Or just on the Foundry page. I support some artists on Patreon who are beginning to offer Foundry ready maps. But they come as a zip file for download. Not quite sure how to take advantage of the Bazaar for those. Any tips appreciated!

Hi!
The Bazaar will work when using the import wizard on the Forge, however, it will only work for content that is available in the Bazaar, which, at the moment, is all the publicly available modules. Content creators that release their content privately are not included, so if you import the zip, it will use your data quota.
I plan on having an option so modules that are compendium only can have their assets moved to the asset library so it’s at least easier on the data when there is no code in the module that may reference local files.

How long does it take for the Bazaar to update a module after a new release for that module is published?

It checks and refreshes all modules and systems every 5 minutes. So usually, by the time you notice an update was released, it’s already available in the Bazaar.

1 Like

I’ve noticed a few modules/systems in The Foundry #release-announcements say uninstall and reinstall. Does the Bazaar handle that automagically, or does the Update All button do that, or do we have to do that manually for each module/system?

The Bazaar will figure it out in theory. Would need to test and confirm, but in theory, the reason to say uninstall+reinstall is because the manifest url is wrong so checking for updates will always fail.
The Bazaar handles the ‘check for updates’ differently, and bases it on the package’s name instead of its manifest url, so that it will always give you the latest version (supported by your foundry install) and will update it accordingly.

Just checking the bazaar out, glad to see there are some game worlds out there now. Is there a reason why there are six so far? are these tests or people arent making droves of them? Is it going to be allow to upload licensed adventure paths from Paizo or are they coming into the picture at some point?

Would love to see worlds for more than 5e, like 2e and PF1.

Thanks for the hard work.

One of the worlds is in another system, these are community/foundry made once.

For Paizo it would need to be some communication that they want to collaborate on such, and someone would need to make it, as we would either need someone from us or them to make it playable.

Legally, we can’t, and no one else can, publish their campaigns without their permission.

Interesting. Thank you for the reply.

I thought it might be fair game to upload a module except for images and PDF - then again, most people would rather have the whole thing…

Paizo did go back to their PF1 line to update their format to make it more VTT friendly i heard, wish they would give their blessing. I’d buy just like I bought from Fantasy Grounds if it was available.

thanks again.

It’s not fair game to upload anything, and the bazaar doesn’t have anyone’s worlds, those are community created content with all the licensing verified to not be infringing on anyone’s copyrights.
There are only 6 worlds because only 6 creators have created full adventures that they wanted to provide for free to the community.
I know that some publishers have started embracing Foundry, Cubicle7, PEG and I think Paizo too, though I don’t remember exactly, but they provide those as premium modules.
Some adventures are actually released as modules, which you can then import into your existing or blank world.
Warhammer has a couple of adventures too in the form of premium modules, for example :