The Forge Contest
Hello and greetings to the entire worldwide community of tabletop RPG lovers.
One year ago, on September 17th 2019, the idea behind The Forge materialized when KaKaRoTo committed the first proof of concept. The Forge has come a long way since its birth and is offering a great hosting experience for Foundry VTT, but it also adds additional value to the Foundry experience itself with the homebrewed enhancements that our community enjoys, loves and supports.
While we are very satisfied with our core offering when it comes to the technical side and the user experience, we feel that we could improve our website, making the visual experience on par with the quality of the services The Forge provides. We need your help to achieve that.
In that regard, and to celebrate the first commit to the Forge code base, we are announcing a contest for The Forge website where we invite all of you to submit your artwork which we can use to improve our presence online. With your amazing artwork, we are positive that The Forge will roll with advantage in the eyes of the viewer, helping us get a critical success with our users.
The contest is separated into three different categories, with different prizes for each: background, banner and freestyle Foundry/Forge screenshots. You can enter the contest in as many categories as you like and with as many submissions as you want, so let your creativity flow and show us what you can do!
By submitting your artwork to the contest you agree to the following statement:
This artwork is licensed under the CC BY-NC-SA and a non-exclusive, non-transferable, worldwide license granted to The Forge to use the material.
For the background image contest, we want a new image to replace the current background image on the main site. The winner will receive a World Builder Tier subscription for a year or the subscription’s value ($139.99 USD) in cash.
You must meet the following criteria:
- Tag or otherwise describe that this is your submission for the background image
- Image resolution should be a minimum of 1920x1080
You should also take into account that the website content will cover part of the art, because we will pick the winner based on how the background looks once integrated into the website (parts not covered by the content). Screenshots below explain this better :
Original background The Forge content overlayed on the image (user is logged in) How it looks today.
Original background The Forge content overlayed on the image (user is not logged in) How it looks today.
We recommend that you test the background and provide a screenshot accompanying your background image submission.
Note: The Forge logo from the site’s content may be removed if it’s appropriately integrated into the new background, so feel free to edit it out when overlaying the content.
Next stop, the banners! We separated this into two parts: banner for our Twitter/Reddit pages and an image for our default game banner on The Forge’s My Foundry page. Two winners (one for each part) will receive a Story Teller Tier subscription for a year or the subscription’s value ($96.99 USD) in cash.
To enter the contest, the banner image must meet the following criteria:
- Tag or otherwise describe that this is your submission for the banner image (and whether the image is for Twitter/Reddit or for the game banner)
- We advise following Twitter and Reddit guides for optimal banner sizes (Note: the banner is referred as a “header” in the Twitter documentation)
- For the default game banner entry, the image size should be 640x480
Below is a screenshot that contains the current default game banner (it is the image with DM screen on it).
Last but not least, we are going to pick 3 screenshots of any size and format (static or animated), but they need to be Foundry/Forge games, and they will be showcased on our home page. All 3 winners get Game Master tier subscription for a year or the subscription’s value ($47.99 USD) in cash.
We accept all from your crafted maps to your in-game screenshots of Foundry games.
To enter the contest, screenshots must meet the following criteria:
- Tag or otherwise describe that this is your submission for the screenshot category
- No image size restriction, so go wild!
While the decision about the winners is going to be made by The Forge team, submissions that get the most likes are getting an additional point in our decision process, so be sure to like your favorite ones!
To like a post simply press at the bottom of that post.
The contest closes on December 1st so we have enough time to judge the submissions and announce the winners for Christmas! Let the game begin and unleash your imagination!
Submit your artwork by simply replying to this thread with corresponding description and images attached.
- Q: When is the deadline for the contest again ?
- A: December 1st 2020, and we’ll announce the winners before December 25th.
- Q: Can you sum up the prizes again ?
A: The contest has 3 categories with 6 prizes total for a total value of $477.95 USD. The winners can choose the Forge subscription prize or payment (via PayPal) of its monetary value.
- Background: World Builder tier subscription for a year, or $139.99 USD
- Banners: 2 Story Teller tier subscription for a year, or $96.99 USD (per winner)
- Screenshots: 3 Game Master tier subscriptions for a year, or $47.99 USD (per winner)
- Q: What if I already have a subscription to The Forge ?
- A: Do not despair! In case we pick your submission as a winning one, you can always receive the value of the subscription as a cash prize instead. If you wish, we can also upgrade your current subscription by as many tiers as the prize offers. You can also gift the subscription (or any left over upgrade) to your family, friends and frenemies!
- Q: So if I’m already on Story Teller tier and I win the banner contest (Story Teller prize), how will it work if I want to upgrade?
- A: The prize of that category being a Story Teller subscription, you get 2 tier upgrades. The first level of upgrade puts you at World Builder, and you have one level left over, which means you can gift a Game Master subscription to a friend or take its value ($47.99) in cash instead.
- Q: Can I enter the contest multiple times or in multiple categories?
- A: Yes! Every artwork counts as an individual submission. For example, if you send us 2 backgrounds and 3 banners, we will count it as 5 submissions, so send us as much as you want and show us all that your creativity has to offer!
- Q: What is The Forge and why should I care?
- A: The Forge is a hassle-free hosting experience for your Foundry VTT games. Quick start, 24/7 availability, high-speed network, an optimized experience with no configuration required is among the core benefits you gain with The Forge. Read more about it at FAQ.