The Great Forge Contest

In our homebrew D&D5e game, we are 5 players, 5 DMs.
We take turns to run the game and contribute to it in many different ways, I’m proud of them.

We just started to migrate to Foundry just a month ago, not so much game screenshot to show, but here’s some we got.

This is our world map, Jarrihelmr Continent. The map started almost blank, but now it’s populated with locations and stories.

My friends in this game are mostly artists, they love to do custom tokens for NPCs/Monsters whenever they run as DM. It blew my mind so much time over how much work they put into it.

1 Like

Woah, looks like this contest is going to be great. A lot of awsome entries.
I’ll share one last artwork, this one is supposed to be a social media banner (twitter and reddit).
I used some screenshots from my foundry games as a transparent/watermark background pattern but they can be exchanged to any other image. Hope you enjoy this art.

2 Likes

For the Screenshots contest. This is the opening view to my game, “Beneath the Living Stars.” It’s D&D with Numenera, Cthulhu, and Spelljammer mashed in.

1 Like

Here is my banner for Twitter. The size is 1500 x 500, which is the dimensions for a header banner. There is a spot in the lower left where the Forge logo will go over the image once it is uploaded to Twitter.

So it would look like this on Twitter.

twitter composite

4 Likes

Screenshot category. Just hanging out by the fire…

1 Like

Hi everyone, I may be a bit late (or just in time?), but here are my entries.
I am a Motion Designer from Germany who does Pixel art and other regular art in my spare time.
Hope you like them :blush:
My entry for the Forge Background, with overlay and without:

My Entries for the Twitter Header/Banner:

Aaand my entries for the Game Banner:

Wizard_King_Game_banner

Aboleth_Vault_Game_Banner

The Artworks are:
A pixel Art Vault. Only a Creature the power of a Game Master can put 2 Aboleths in Vats to guard their Vault.

A cursed Mire. Just like twitter sometimes.

A golden Wyrm. Yup.

A powerful Necromancer-King. Powerful enough to pull off that weird beard.

Hope I got everything right with the submission…

1 Like

Screenshot - Our landing page between sessions the PF2e Extinction Curse AP.

1 Like

A submissions for the Banner portion. This is for Twitter/Reddit.

1 Like

Another submission for the banner, also for Twitter/Reddit.

2 Likes

Here are some screenshot submissions from my games. It’s really cool to see everyone else’s here!

1 Like

Hey, hello! I was asked a while ago on reddit to try participating in the contest. I finally got around (the day before the deadline) and got a few things together!

• Background Image:

I drew this battlemap a while ago, and figured out I could try how it looks. Being rather dark, I think it fits the webpage properly! It could be further darkened if needed. The first picture is full resolution, the second one is a screenshot.

~

• Banner image

I had this other battlemap, which is a Gear-shaped elevator. I figured out it could work for the Default Game Banner, as it gives that sort of set-up vibe. The map itself could be changed colors to better fit the logo, if needed. Here’s a link to the .png version: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/637461054712053772/783004958131617822/unknown.png

~

• Screenshots

My first screenshot is the introduction to a boss battle using Theatre Inserts, one of my favourite Foundry mods. It allows for that visual novel style, which is a fun way to show the artwork for bosses.

Finally, I saw animated screenshots were also allowed, so I bring a couple. First one is a transition from Daylight to Dusk on the landing page, with lights that activate automatically. This is a low resolution one, but I have the high resolution mp4 file on Youtube, at better quality: https://youtu.be/zg0h-lcL4aU

And the second animated screenshot, this time it’s a dungeon from yesterday’s game with some lights. Again, the higher quality version over at YT: https://youtu.be/-_u4N9Keru0

All the art in these (including tokens and battlemaps, which were drawn from scratch in Photoshop) are made by me! The only exception is the Mammoth in the first screenshot, which is official art.

2 Likes

Here’s my contest entry — a red dragon lair complete with gold, fire, and only one way out!

1 Like

Me and a couple of my players, namely Fonkin the Bardic Clerk (chief designer) and Melodal the halfling urchin (da Boss) have put together this green die design on a fiery map surface. This one is suitable for the game banner. More to follow…
game-banner-center

2 Likes

Twitter Banner

Reddit Banner wont upload…but its here on discord

Wallpaper

2 Likes

Player Screenshot

DM Screenshot

Player screenshot with chat and filled hotbar

2 Likes

Animated screenshot. Player lobby.

1 Like

Animated screenshot. Approaching Camp Vengeance as the Blue Monkey Mist closes in behind the party.

1 Like

Banner for my Tomb of Annihilation campaign.

Photo by Tobias Tullius on Unsplash

Screenshot. Camp Vengeance at night. The blue ward fires protecting the camp against the Blue Monkey Mist.

Screenshot. River travel.

Screenshot. Overland travel.

1 Like

Thank you everyone for your participation and for all of your amazing submissions!
The contest is now officially closed! :partying_face:

We have received so many incredible artwork and beautiful screenshots, I am both extremely pleased and also dreading the upcoming task of having to judge the winners among all this great content! You have not made that task easy and I thank you for that :slight_smile:

Once the winners are selected, I will message them and post the results. Hopefully this will happen within the next couple of weeks, just in time for the prizes to be distributed by someone in a red costume :santa:
Thank you again and talk to you soon!

3 Likes