May 4th 2021
- New public Forge VTT module release! This new release brings assets library synchronization capabilities to your local Foundry. Read more
- Add language selection for games when the game manager is enabled
- Fix a redirect issue when doing a refresh patreon pledges, which would redirect you to the last page you visited before logging into your Forge account
- Fix issue which downgraded Bazaar creators accounts by mistake if they were on World builder and just received the creator role
- Fix issue with the fake Forge module getting added to Foundry which could cause some incompatibility issues with other modules using its
- Change the license files caching and switching algorithm to use filenames that do not contain the license key to avoid potential leaks of the license key in error messages and file listings.
May 7th 2021
forge-vtt Foundry module to contain all module metadata to prevent issues with modules that use that data
- Add youtube link to the social links
- Update copyright notice on the main page to refer to
The Forge VTT Inc.
- Ensure that adding a license will always succeed to write the license file, even if the user is out of quota
- Fix Stripe webhook issue when updating a subscription that had a canceled scheduled downgrade
- Remove obsolete code that handled fallbacks for the old license file naming schema
- Fix issue with periodic license verifications when license files had no signatures
May 12th 2021
- Change the Foundry version channels to become opt-in for future updates with an update notification instead of auto-updating all games.
- Fix bug when trying to install a world via manifest URL from the Bazaar
- Updated the Bazaar Marketplace Agreement for creators
- Added a warning when setting a custom version for a game when the Game Manager is enabled
- Fix a bug getting the default Foundry version if user is on an invalid version
- Fix a crash in the stripe webhook processing for deleted subscriptions when they had a planned downgrade
- Bazaar creator’s dashboard: Improve the display of payouts to be less confusing
- Bazaar creator’s dashboard: Add a step during publication to confirm Paypal destination for payouts
- Bazaar creator’s dashboard: Add clarification around licensing information and provide an OGL sample journal entry
May 19th 2021
- Fix “Return to Setup” Forge implementation on Foundry 0.8.x
- Fix package listing within Foundry’s setup page for Foundry 0.8.4
- Add proper support for dynamic User Management for Foundry 0.8.x
- Fix a bug where a license could be locked to a game that has already been deleted
May 22nd 2021
- Surprise anniversary announcement: Assets Quota increase for all tiers and the extra, so they’re all multiples of 5:
- Game Master: 3GB → 5GB
- Story Teller: 9GB → 10GB
- World Builder: 18GB → 20GB
- Extra: 3GB → 5GB
- Update the zip dependency library to fix an issue which corrupted some zip exports of worlds or compendiums
- Update the assets library server locations to state 54 locations instead of 49 in the change region dialog
May 28th 2021
- Fix Bazaar package version sorting when a version is mistakenly added prefixed with a
- Add support in the Bazaar Updater for fetching separate manifest URLs from the alpha and the stable channels for the packages that are releasing separate branches
- Add support for returning the locked status of packages in the Bazaar API
- Add new APIs to lock/unlock system and module packages
- Fix issue with refreshing the package listing in the setup page when installing a bazaar package, when user is on 0.8.x
- Fix visibility of some buttons in the profile page when using non default theme
- Fix visibility of the “Game Manager” button for some themes
May 31st 2021
- Fix issue preventing edits to a world from within Foundry 0.8.x when the game manager is enabled
- Fix the comparison of some Bazaar package versions when non semantic version is used, so it respects floating point comparison and string comparison at the same time (1.09 < 1.1 < 1.9 < 1.10)
- Update the front page video for Foundry to the latest celebration video : Foundry Virtual Tabletop - Anniversary Overview - YouTube
June 1st 2021
- Improve the way the user licenses are displayed in the My Account page
- Add suggestion to updates systems and modules after updating Foundry
- Add link to new Update Tutorial in the Foundry update page
- Store currency exchange rates in Forge database and cache it locally for faster access
June 2nd 2021
- Fix listing of user’s purchased premium packages from Foundry, after an internal API update
- Added caching of owned packages to limit number of API requests during frequent user reloads of the bazaar
June 5th 2021
- Add support for the new API changes in 0.8.x for package installation. Fixes the update log dialog showing errors despite installs succeeding.
- Disable CDN support for core translation modules due to a bug in 0.8.6 (requires reinstall of module)
- Fix discrepancy between a game’s core language and what the Forge interface shows
- Add internal API for license key removal from user account (UI to follow soon)
June 16th 2021
- Add support for the new authentication mechanism in 0.8.7, fixing the user management features
- Add APIs to lock package versions from the Bazaar (UI to follow soon)
- Fix a race condition that can happen between subscription changes and Stripe webhooks
June 21st 2021
- Add support for the Cloudflare CDN purge API in preparation for move to new CDN provider
- Correctly implement CORS handling in the asset library’s downloader proxy, rather than relying on the CDN to override CORS headers.
- Update the Forge module to use the upload subservice for uploads to the assets library, bypassing the Cloudflare’s proxy limitations.
- Correctly save and return the latest Foundry version used in launching a game (was causing new accounts to start on 0.8.6 instead of the latest).
- Add the ability to update core Foundry version when on a release channel, from the Forge page without launching into a world
- Change default Foundry version to 0.8.7
- Slightly improve accuracy of latency pings from the region change dialog
- Add system to verify all of a user’s D&D Beyond entitlements during conversion, in preparation for future update
June 25th 2021
- Add the ability to version lock packages in the Bazaar UI
- Add ability to select which packages to update in the Bazaar’s “Update All” UI
- Add the option to choose which version of a package to install from the Bazaar
- D&D Beyond integration: Allow importing
Basic Rules and
Frozen Sick D&D Beyond content without having access to the Beta program (through Patreon)
- D&D Beyond integration: Add support or Backgrounds and background features and variants
- D&D BEyond integration: Add support for using ddb-meta-data for adding Scene data to adventures (walls and lighting) during import
- D&D Beyond integration: Remove inclusion of a book’s CSS file which could cause conflicts with Foundry
- Modify assets library’s handling of CORS to allow the CDN webp optimizer to function properly
- Fix purging of the CDN cache for some files that use special characters in their URL
- Disable syncing between Bunny CDN and Cloudflare CDN now that DNS propagation is complete, and update the UI to indicate the 200+ locations for the new CDN’s geodistribution.
July 11th 2021
- Change cover image for asset packs into a 1:1 ratio image instead of 2:1 as it is a more appropriate image ratio for asset packs
- Change all Bazaar packages under the “pay what you want” model that have a minimum price, into showing up as a “Pay X$ or more” model
- Display and use the minimum pricing instead of the suggested price by default for all “Pay X or more” packages.
- Add a “Suggested price” line in the cart when adding an item with “Pay what you want” or “Pay X or more” models
- Display a sign next to the “Pay X or more” packages instead of the sign next to the “Pay what you want” packages to differentiate them
- Do not show a sale banner for Pay what you want content, as it doesn’t make sense
- Display all the regular install buttons (disabled) with pricing for the Bazaar content when the user is not signed in, instead of a “Install” button
- When browsing for Bazaar files from within Foundry, only display the assets that available from the specific version that was installed
- Clean up the bazaar browsing paths so there is no “assets” subfolder to navigate through
- Clean up the bazaar browsing paths so marketplace modules do not show their unique random identifier in the path
- Remove the asset optimizer options from Foundry file picker as those options are not currently working until we re-implement the optimizer for the new CDN
- Added a system for health reporting and auto-restart of the bazaar updater to prevent any more freeze ups of the updater processes
- Fix issue with the autoscaler causing upscaling of the cluster to take longer than expected due to an upstream library bug causing a command to lock up
- Small improvements to the Bazaar creator’s dashboard
July 14th 2021
- Added a 404 error page that looks nicer than the previously displayed “Page not found” error
- Fixed an issue where the user’s profile and quotas were not properly displayed when the site is showing an error, or in the 404 page
- Added a page for our current job posting
- Fix an issue with IPv6 users where the IP address that was detected for geolocation purposes during checkout, would be the CDN proxy’s instead of the user’s.
- Improve autoscaler health checks to ensure smoother autoscaling liveness probes
- Force idle games with single user after 12 hours, as a workaround for a Foundry bug that would report a user as active in a game even if none are logged in
- Added support for autoscaling using the OVH service provider’s API
- Misc changes to the server deployment scripts and documentation in preparation for the new provider/Australian server move.
July 27th 2021
- Added the new Oceania region with the entire new Forge server design set up in Australia!
- Fixed an issue which caused region changes to be slow to react in the UI after clicking the submit button
- Fixed a rare but possible issue with region changes where the success of the data synchronization could fail but it would be detected as successful.
- Add a direct link to package changelog in the “Update All” window from the Bazaar
- Bazaar Updater: Fix an issue with optimization of paths that use
\ instead of
/ for image paths.
- Bazaar Updater: Slight optimization in the API requests sent to the Foundry server
- Added support for the OVH API in the Forge’s autoscaler
- Misc: lots of small behind the scene changes to help with the new server setup and configuration
August 1st 2021
- Remove the job posting, as we stopped accepting applicants at this time.
- Added a workaround in the Forge module that detects a Foundry bug causing the world not to load, and reloads the page to get it working.
- Fixed issue when using wildcards to a local data or core folder, which was getting sent to the assets library instead.
August 4th 2021
Massive update with a new website redesign, including :
- new navigation bar menus, for more options and using less space
- remove the page header and move quotas/profile pic to the navbar
- new nicer page footer
- new logged out front page including new background and images
- updated pricing page
- new “About us” page
- new acknowledgement page
- new background image with full width website and semi transparent container
- new theme toggle switch in the navbar menu
- make website responsive and mobile-friendly
- Add image previews to the demo page, switch demos order and add mention of explorer mode
- New images to represent each of the Forge subscription tiers
- Remove check for interrupted region change tasks from processes that do not have permissions to execute the region change, as it was useless
- Bazaar: add filter type “all” to display modules, systems, worlds and asset packs all in a single page
- Fix the path to the 404 image when the url is in a subpath
- Add monitoring emails to autoscaling process in case errors happen
August 6th 2021
- Add “Launch My Foundry” to the navigation bar submenu for Game Master tier users
- Add “Assets Library” to the navigation bar for larger screens where space permits
- Change the icon in the navigation bar for “My Foundry”
- Update the demo page to have clickable screenshots and improve esthetics
- Refresh Patreon pledges every day instead of once a month. Also fixes an EST vs PST timezone issue with the pledge reporting by Patreon.
August 14th 2021
- Fix the full page view of a Bazaar package to be of a matching layout to the new website redesign
- Dramatically improve loading speed of the Bazaar content when visiting the page, using a combination of local data caching and pre-feeding the initial package data.
- Fix the Bazaar view resetting its position to the top when clicking on a cover image instead of the description
- Fix the user profile avatar not always having a 1:1 ratio in the navigation bar
- Fix typo for Assets Library in the navigation bar
- Add a way to prevent a stalled package update if the deployment of the cache got interrupted during the bazaar update process
- Fix a possible issue with adding packages to the Bazaar if their manifest contain invalid characters.
- Fix a missing closing
</span> tag in the Bazaar Marketplace’s cart
- Fix the input for the “Pay What You Want” Bazaar content from being too small because of the suggested price being misplaced on certain themes
- Fix a bug where the “Add license” and “Manage subscription” and other UI elements may not work due to a crash initializing the page’s code.
- Fix display of warning when installing custom packages from manifest from the Foundry setup page, where the package name appears as “undefined” on 0.8.x
- Slightly tweak the text of the tooltip and of the “Subscription will be renewed/canceled” changes in the subscription manager to make it clearer when a user is cancelling or renewing their subscription.