In this guide, we explain what revenue sharing is, and how to do it.
This post is part of a series of posts dedicated to explaining the Bazaar Creator process. If you are uncertain about anything else related to The Bazaar, The Forge has a series of guides meant to teach new Bazaar Creators how to get started:
- Getting Started as a Bazaar Creator
- Introduction to Bazaar Packages
- Creating a Compendium Module
- Creating an Assets Package
- How to submit a package to The Bazaar
- How to share revenue with other Bazaar Creators ← You are here.
- Bazaar Creator FAQ
By default, The Forge takes a 25% platform fee for the price of a premium package on The Bazaar, and the rest goes toward the creator’s account.
This is sufficient for many of our creators. However, some creators require that this revenue be split into separate accounts. This most often occurs for multi-creator projects, or in situations where a split of the revenue must be offered to a publisher.
Here, we explain how to designate packages for automatic revenue sharing, and how to choose what creators get a split.
By default, revenue sharing is disabled for a package. You can enable revenue sharing by taking the following steps:
- Login to The Forge, if you are not already logged in.
- Navigate to your Creator Dashboard.
- In the package navigation bar, navigate to the package that you wish to share revenue for.
- Navigate to and select the dark yellow “Set Up Revenue Sharing” button on the left side.
- You will be shown instructions for submitting revenue sharing. You will need to obtain the Creator ID for the Bazaar Creator with which you seek to share revenue, as well as determine what percentage will be shared with the Bazaar Creator.
- Once you are done editing these details, click the green “Submit” button. The revenue sharing details will then be saved.
After taking these steps, all revenue going forward will be automatically shared, per the percentage specified in the revenue sharing details. Please keep in mind that this will only apply going forward, and will not apply to packages retroactively.
Have further questions about revenue sharing? Feel free to seek out help via Discord in our Bazaar Creator channel, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.