September 7th 2022
- Add systems selection to the shared compendium creation dialog, making it v10 compatible
- Fix support for wildcard tokens in Foundry v10
- Polishing tweaks to the Save Points feature
- Fix issue creating a manual save point with an apostrophe character in the title
- Properly handle “disk quota exceeded” error during save point restoration
- Add an option to hide/show automatic backups in the save points dialog and hide them by default unless there are no save points for a game
- Clarify in the 2FA prompt on login that the 2FA code is to be found in the authenticator app
- Removal of the “Beta” suffix to the Save Points page in the navigation bar
- Mark LiveKit servers and Save Points as Completed in the Workshop page
- Fix possible race condition issue with increasing user’s quota temporarily during premium content installation
September 15th 2022
- Add a major optimization for the Import Wizard’s package migration, making it drop import/migration times for some modules from multiple minutes to a few milliseconds.
- Fix issue with premium Foundry packages displaying updates available on v9 when the new version is v10 compatible only (Requires premium package to have proper compatibility releases)
- Add support for sideloading package information from the Foundry website and remote manifest, allowing a package’s compatibility flags, per-version unique URL, changelog url, and updated manifest metadata to be updated without a new package release being deployed.
- Fix display of package in the Bazaar with a very long version name, causing buttons to wrap to two lines
- Fix a crash causing a non-user friendly message to be shown when trying to install a package from manifest that doesn’t point to a json file
- Fix older czepeku packages sold on the Bazaar that were not available to download outside The Forge
- Misc fixes to internal processes
September 19th 2022
- Add the ability to deprecate older Foundry versions and notify the user of the version deprecation while configuring or launching the game.
- Fix premium foundry modules not showing as being owned in Foundry v10’s Setup page
- When browsing for module’s files programmatically, check the bazaar and user’s assets library first due to how assets are generally not present in the data folder
- Fix display of minimum/compatible Foundry version metadata on the Bazaar for v10 packages
- Save the last browser folder so the file browser in Foundry always opens to the last folder, even after reloads
- Fix an issue recovering save points
- Improve performance of doing save points operations
- Verify email address validity against disposable domains, during signup
- Fix issue with email address validation for some specific domains by updating mailchecker dependency
- Correctly use
* literally in folder names instead of as a wildcard, when doing a wildcard token which includes
* in the folder name
- Correct the target directory return value in the
FilePicker.browse API when wildcard mode is enabled
September 29th 2022
- Fix a bug that can cause the servers to become overloaded when a user with a demo license (Explorer Mode) has their license expire.
- Fix navigation menu items opening in new windows when the user is on their account page
October 6th 2022
- Massive update, finally bringing internationalization support to the entire website and Forge services. (Actual translations of the site will be coming soon!)
- Add a visual indicator to user’s Foundry loading screen to help with the “grey screen of death” issue and point them towards the troubleshooting guide.
- Automatically detect the appropriate Foundry version when a user imports their first world and set their Foundry version in the Forge to match it.
- Add icons to the Game tools and Table tools buttons in the Game configuration page, to make it easier to recognize what they do.
- Remove the use in the Forge module of all deprecated APIs in v10 to avoid any deprecation warnings in the console.
- Fix support for our Patreon-integration packages that also use Foundry’s Patreon-integration, so both can work at the same time.
- Automatically unmask the user’s email address when the user starts editing the field
October 12th 2022
- Fix issue recently introduced which caused the D&D Beyond importing to stop working correctly
- Allow case insensitive validation on the 2FA TOTP field for users entering a backup recovery code
- (on the 8th) Added a workaround to an issue with DigitalOcean causing servers to randomly appear as powered off even though they’re not, and affecting networking to those machines
November 3rd 2022
- Add a new Forge tool to migrate modules which have compendium packs that don’t respect the newer/stricter Foundry VTT v10 module requirements, which caused most shared compendiums to disappear in v10
- Add the ability to check for updates for all installed custom packages in the Bazaar’s Update All dialog.
- Fix issue listing Bazaar package versions which include a max compatibility flag
- When the Game Manager is enabled, automatically disable all modules when upgrading a world to be launched on Foundry v10, replicating core Foundry behavior
- Fix a possible game password corruption that can happen when the User Manager is disabled while the game is online
- Force shutdown of the Foundry game when the User Manager setting is changed or the passwords are reset, so the changes can take effect immediately
- Add a new API to allow manipulation of files in the user’s Data storage (in preparation for upcoming features)
- Fix the “Delete game” workflow which didn’t properly remove the game tab from the UI until reload
- Improve wording of the tooltip indicating that package’s latest version being compatible with your Foundry version (vs only being “supported”)
- Clarify the limitations of the export compendium modules interface.
- Fix nearly invisible tooltip help icon in the configure players sidebar when using the dark theme
- Multiple fixes to our internationalization efforts which introduced a few visual errors since the last update
- Add Matthew and Neeraj and update Daniel’s description to the About Us page
- Make access to the staff page’s About page case insensitive
- Many internal miscellaneous changes and improvements
November 8th 2022
- Add support for getting/uploading Data files which contain spaces and other escapable characters
- Add support for file uploads within Foundry, using the assets library URL as target path, without duplicating the domain/userid in the target folder
- Fix an error in the Bazaar API trying to read the manifest of a package which isn’t available
- Fix issue with installing Bazaar purchased packages that are also offered as Foundry protected packages
- Fix some error messages not being displayed properly due to internationalization
- Fix issue with asset upload for some developer accounts
- Various polishing fixes to the new custom module updates workflow from the Bazaar update all dialog
November 9th 2022
- Fix missing number of days in user’s trial due to an internationalization mistake, displaying a static string
- Improve support of assets library uploads within Foundry, in case the target path starts with the user’s ID.
November 11th 2022
- Only disable modules in a world when doing an upgrade to a new major version number (from v9 to v10 for example), not on minor patch releases
- Automatically start a download of the world’s backup if the user makes upgrades their world to a new Foundry version without clicking the “export backup” button. Ensuring that everyone has a backup in case something breaks during the upgrade
- Fix an issue in how the title of DDB adventure would be displayed if it had escapable characters
December 13th 2022
A big D&D Beyond integration update!
- Redesign of the conversion process which allows a more thorough conversion and better workflow
- Added support for importing of cross referenced content across multiple books and import of Referenced Materials
- Added support for placing and linking tokens in scenes
- Added support for extraction of notes from journal entries and linking to journal notes in scenes
- Added support for generating magic items
- Added support for generating weapons, armor, adventuring gear
- Added support for generating feats
- Added support for generating races
- Added support for generating organizations
- Added support for creating journal entries to explain basic rules (skill descriptions, conditions, senses, etc…)
- Added support for placing tiles on scenes to fix some map issues
- More complete data is extracted from parsing of backgrounds, and classes, which will be useful for adding support to automatic advancements in the future
- Added support for creating basic spells/monsters from their skeleton information, if it’s referenced but the user doesn’t have access to the book containing the spell/monster details
- Better support for spell parsing in monsters, especially when they have more than one type of spellcasting, or have pact-type spellcasting abilities
- Converted module/world version now sets its patch version to the DDB book’s version
- Massive optimizations in the conversion process, making it run much faster, by a factor of about 50.
- Switched to using the new Shared Hoard metadata project that will allow, long term, for more customization of the adventure during imports
- Thanks to Shared Hoard, the metadata contributors are now listed as authors of the package as well, and a README file accompanies each package
- Tokenize monster avatars to make it look nicer on the scene with a token frame
- Upgrade minimum requirement to Foundry VTT 0.8.9 and improve the v9 and v10 support for the converted data
- Improve detection of scene sizes for some of the images
- Automatically update the user’s DDB manifest list when doing a book import, if the DDB manifest of the user is outdated
- Upgrade the format of the data to use the new
folders.json required by the Forge Compendium Library, which allows proper folder sorting on Foundry v10
- Update the paths of spell/item icons to use the new core icons in 0.8.x instead of the (now deleted) dnd5e icon paths
- Some CSS fixes for statblocks and support for new monster statblock CSS class
Additional polishing of the Save Points UI and features
- Move the world’s banner image to the left in the Save Points page to make it easier to see with minimal eye movement
- Fix the deleted worlds with a previous Save Point showing the save timestamp as “Now” instead of the correct time span
- Add display of the Save Points quotas in each game’s Save Points dialogs
- Add the ability to sort worlds in the Save Points page by title, by last play time, or by number of Save Points
- Simplify how filtering of save points is done in the UI to avoid out-of-order save points, possibly confusing the user
- Add save/cancel buttons on the input field when editing a save point’s title, allowing better control of the functionality, especially on mobile
- Fix a bug where cloning a world from the Save Points page could shift the list of worlds and show incorrect data in the dialog
- Multiple smaller layout and UI polishing tweaks
Major update to our internationalization efforts.
Restore original Foundry users in games with the User Manager enabled when the Game Manager is disabled, so the user doesn’t need to reset passwords to get access back to the world
Disabling the user manager will not delete Forge-created users anymore, avoiding loss of user settings/macrobar if the option is toggled by mistake
Add sideloading of package manifests on install, updating the compatibility flags based on the Bazaar data
Add multiple additional server-side optimization for processing mass-uploads of files to the assets library
Fix issue preventing locking of custom modules from the Bazaar page
Fix a visual bug in the “Update All” Bazaar dialog, where a package’s icon could be stretched vertically
Add better handling of Stripe based error codes to display more user-friendly error messages in some situations
Fix issue waiting for some tasks to complete, causing a Foundry upgrade to take longer than necessary when a savepoint is made at the same time
Improve the loading speed of the Bazaar page slightly by decreasing the amount of data being transferred when loading the page
Changing the default FVTT version for new accounts to FVTT 10.290
Update the About page and Acknowledgements page
Various fixes and optimizations to the backend and to how the Bazaar updater handles package updates
January 10th 2023
- Add a new table tool for users to view their Foundry logs
- Display media and cover art in the Bazaar for custom installed modules
- Automatically restore the demo world on idle from a clean SavePoint
- Fix an issue which could cause failure to clone games with very long folder names
- Fix dependencies not installing as expected when importing D&D Beyond content from the Bazaar
- Fix re-install of the game system when creating a new game
- Link to the weblate and add progress badge in the Workshop page for the internationalization project
- Replace the Patreon logo in the Workshop with a nicer one
- Fix migration of entities in Adventure compendium packs
- Optimize custom systems’ assets into the assets library when importing via the Import Wizard
- Major overhaul/improvements to the admin’s interface for Forge Staff
- Fix post-login redirection sending users to main page instead of the last page they visited before logging in
- Prevent imports of a known and damaging piracy tool
- More internationalization improvements and merging of translations
- Fix translation error when uploading files while logged out
January 25th 2023
- Add detection of Foundry core/system data migration and warn user with an appropriate message when Foundry delays listening to new connections (See Foundry issue #6584)
- Change the error displayed in case of an invalid OTP code to make it clearer to the user that the issue might be a code re-use.
- Fix issue with manifest sideloading causing issues with the
more-automated-spells-items-and-feats using a public manifest significantly different from the one included in the zip.
- Mass re-install the
more-automated-spells-items-and-feats package to all users who had it installed, to prevent an issue that caused worlds to fail loading when the module was enabled.
- Improve Foundry performance during database migrations by increasing the allowance for burst RAM increases.
- Misc changes to our build tools and admin services