How To Upload Compendiums from your past worlds

To start off go to My Foundry, then Create a new Shared compendium.
Check out How to share content between worlds if you don’t know how to.

Then export that Shared compendium. You do this by going to “Export Compendium Modules”, and selecting the new module.

Now you’ll get a .Zip file. Extract it wherever you see fit.

Now you’ll need to open Foundry’s Data directory. You can easily do that by right-clicking Foundry’s Icon after starting the program.

Find your world. It should be under Data/worlds. Go into Packs.
You should now be at Data/worlds/WorldName/Packs and see your Compendium.

Copy this over to the Extracted module that you created.

Now that you have done this. You can either delete or rename the original “actor” or “monster”, or what corresponds to the comendium you are transferring. Then rename your compendium to the one you deleted/renamed.

Then upload it to The Forge again with the Import wizard. You can now enable the module in a world and the compendium should show up ^^

Alright, that should be it. Hope it helped you ^^ :heart:

thanks for the guide, very good step by step. do you know if there is any way to modify the exported names or merge files intead of just replacing?

So, yes you may edit everything you want.

Merging
If you want to merge, just open the “pack”.db you want to merge with another one in a notepad program (I recommend notepad++ → Coding programs obviously work too.), and the compendium you want to merge into it, copy all the lines into the new compendium. Then follow how to upload again from this tutorial.

Change Name
You may! You just have to edit the module.json (again with some sort of notepad program, I recommend notepad++). Here all the information of your module is. Feel free to edit the name and such. Reminder if you do this, it will not replace the module upon upload again, and you’ll upload a brand new module in technicallity.

1 Like

So, I tried to modify the json to try to add more entries into the module, but once I import it using the import wizard, the module no longer shows up in my module list inside my games