How to Share Content Between Worlds

Hi!
If I wanted to create a compendium that I want shared with this module, how would I do so? You have Class Features (Shared) but not Classes (Shared) or even one I could use for Feats. How could I go about adding something that tracks with the module and not the world?

Heyo. I have this all setup and ready to go, but I want to transfer all of my dndbeyond monsters into the shared compendium. There’s 1228 of them. Please tell me there’s a way to import them in bulk. Is there?

I would recommend downloading the compendium module, then copy the contents of the Monster Compendium into the Shared compendium

Oooh. Good idea! Thanks.

:frowning: I couldn’t figure this out.

Made this today, for you ^^ :hear:
Hope it helps.

Wow. Thank you so much. You’re my hero for the week :slight_smile:

im Working on a Shared Compendium to send stuff to other worlds, but i can not find my shared compendium in the module list inside my world, i can see it on the forge (if i go to try to delete it)… Any idea why a shared compendium would not show up in the moduls inside the game. thanks

2 Likes

Also having the same issue stated by this user

So, did you restart the server after the compendium was made?

Compendiums/modules won’t show up till it has been stopped and started properly.

@kronic-conman

i did, a couple of times, even started other servers to see if i could found it there, no luck

I’ve tried several times now to create a shared compendium following the instructions. I get the message saying its been successfully created and I see the compendiums that I’ve created in the Bazaar. However, none of them have appeared in the Manage Module listing in my game world. I have stopped and restarted the server multiple times. What am I doing wrong here?

I am still on Foundry v8.9, if that makes a difference.

They might be disabled for 0.8.9, I’ll have a look at it.

Have you tried stopping and starting the server after making the compendium?

Yes, multiple times.

Thanks for responding.

Indeed, it looks like we have dropped support for new compendiums for older versions.

I’ve contacted my colleges and we’ll see if we can return it :smiley:

You can download this one though, it should work: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lZM8nXSR45poIaYHjPJg2k422Q-3Kb9p/view?usp=sharing

Hi. I’m exporting across systems, so I’m only selecting Journals, Scenes, and Roll Tables. I’m able to activate the module and the compendium folders now show in the new world. However, they’re empty. It doesn’t look like the actual journal entries, scenes, and tables actually migrated. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks in advance!

Hi there :wave: It’s a bit tricky to tell where the problem might be coming in.

Did you populate the compendium after creating it? When you first create it, it creates with empty folders. Then, you drag content into the different folders to populate it, just like a normal new compendium.

The difference is that this compendium sits on a level above your world, so you’ll be able to see its contents in every world where you’ve activated it.

Oh, no I didn’t. I completely missed i was supposed to do that. I’m not gone right now, but I’ll try that and see if it works. Thank you!

Hi,
I have made a shared compendium and imported it to another world, however the “Import all Content” feature does not seem to be working.

Doing each entry individually works fine, but there’s quite a bit in this compendium and I would rather not do it by hand, so i’d like to know if there’s anything I might do about it?

Thank you.

Hey there @knight_brolaire

This might be due to one of the entities in the shared compendium having invalid data according to either a module or the active system.

I’d recommend keeping an eye on your dev tools console (F12) when you run the Import All Content function, it’s likely failing on a specific entity, and knowing which one it is would likely mean getting a step closer to fixing it (or removing that one entity).