The Story Teller tier’s main feature is the ability to launch world directly and the advanced user management.
This implies the following set of features :
- Disable launching of the ‘table’ and instead populate the ‘Games’ with the individual worlds found in the user directory
- Add a new interface for creating new games (worlds) within the forge website itself, since FVTT’s /setup page becomes inaccessible
- Have a configurable set of modules auto-enabled upon new game creation, perhaps present the available choices in the new game page
- Require all games to be Private as the /join page is also overriden and user needs to be logged into The Forge to access the game
- Override /join and automatically create players when a user uses the invitation link. Auto login the users to the game based on their forge user
- Automatically assign the user’s avatar to the player’s avatar and update it when user changes it in the forge’s account page
- Disable changing the avatar through FVTT and document that limitation in the ToS
- Have each game have their own URL/etc… and launch into the world directly when started
- Only allow one (depending on number of FVTT licenses) game to be ‘online’ at a time.
- If user tries to launch a different game, automatically set old game to ‘idle’ if no players are logged in, or prevent launching
- If user launching the game is the owner, allows them to force-stop the other game and launch the selected one
- Option for GM to login as a player. Since they are auto logged in, they can’t create a new player account for them to test things with. Being able to click a button and get re-logged in as a player would be very easy and useful.
- Allow Story Teller tier users to switch between “One Table” or “Multiple auto-managed games” mode so this feature isn’t necessarily mandatory on all higher tiers.