One of my players has a white screen

Hello as the title says one of my player’s is having issues where her screen is being a bright white instead of the background image for the scene

Here’s what it looks like.

She also says that when she logged in it said her display was not high enough ti support many of the features.

I don’t know if this is a foundry or forge issue.

Hey there :wave:

It looks like this is related to the browser not being able to initialize the canvas. It’s likely that there is a specific error being logged out in her browser dev tools (F12). If you could post a screenshot of an error there, it would help us to find the culprit :slight_smile:

It’s also worth going through the checks here Troubleshooting in Forge/Foundry to make sure that Hardware Acceleration is turned on, since that is required by Foundry.

She also says that when she logged in it said her display was not high enough ti support many of the features.

This is related to the display resolution. The best way to fix it is to either increase the resolution or decrease the display scaling, or decrease the browser’s zoom.

All the best!

Hi,

I have just started playing using the forge and have this same issue.
The DM and the rest of the players can see all the maps/images used, but i can only sometimes see it, otherwise i get a white screen. I have opened dev tools and it is showing a few errors but unsure what they mean or what i can do it fix the issue.

Could you help if i screen shot the errors?

Thanks

Hey there :wave:

If the player experiencing this is on a mac, it might be related to a mac driver issue.
If you’re running Foundry 11.315 Foundry has put a workaround in for this, but you can also place a light in the scene and change it slightly so it isn’t the default light, which should also fix that particular issue.

If they’re not on a mac, they may want to confirm that their browser hardware acceleration is active and that they have more than 4GB on their system drive (necessary for browser caching).

If none of those fixes the issue, please go ahead and post some screenshots!