Need Help with Connection Issues

As a player, I’m having connection issues whenever I’m in my GM’s game. If I’m not actively clicking or moving my mouse on the map screen, or idling for more than a minute, I will get disconnected and then immediately re-connected to the server. This leads me to be de-synced with the other players and GM, where I could be stuck in combat when no one else is, or rolls not going through, or my inventory not updating. Refreshing the page fixes this, but the disconnects are so frequent that it doesn’t help in the long run. When I use the console (F12) to look at the error, this is what I see:

“The connection to wss://eternal-night.forge-vtt.com/socket.io/?session=5e9e638d3cab17019abbf391&EIO=4&transport=websocket was interrupted while the page was loading.”

The other players don’t have this issue, so I assume it’s a problem on my side. I’ve already tried turning on hardware acceleration, and my GM and I have tried disabling modules and reducing the world size, but there has been no improvement. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Hi. Check out this post which might help as it sounds similar:

The other possibility could be a misbehaving antivirus on your machine. I believe someone else had similar issues and it got fixed when they reinstalled their antivirus.
I hope those help you figure it out for your game!
Let us know how it goes.

This was exactly what I needed. Thank you very much!

1 Like