Importing Worlds/Modules/Systems - W/ Video Tutorial

Hi there, I’m new here as well and experiencing the same issue as alagard trying to import my assets. I can see them in the cloud but none of them display properly on the canvas. I did not upload in a zip file, I followed the instructions and just copied the data path. Any chance someone can help me figure out where it went wrong? Not familiar with manipulating the console.

I am looking into it, I’ll give a response as soon as I have a solution for you :heart:

Pretty sure you’re the one we helped on Discord, anyway, it was a server side bug which I’ve fixed earlier, so should be all good now :partying_face:

This doesn’t work for me can’t find my world

It should be there if you followed the tutorial.
Unless you’ve changed your folder directory. In that case you should be able to follow the text guide.
If you could expand on what the problem may be?

I exactly followed your step and get “failed to upload assets.” Not sure what I am doing wrong.

Hey Zarkimbo. While we would love to help you over the forums for this issue, it sounds like this is an issue that would be better solved via live discussion on Discord. If you are amenable to this, you can follow the Discord link below. If you would rather troubleshoot on the forums, let us know.

Thanks for the quick reply! I did not subscribe at that point so I surpassed the storage quota of my asset library. The problem did not reoccur after subscription.

1 Like

I bought an adventure in the Bazaar, The Tomb of Black Sand, and installed it from the Bazaar. Looks like I have to download it and import it so I can create a game with it (it does not appear as an option to select when I click create a new game and then click “Select from Bazaar”). As Bazaar Content, this should not count towards my storage limits, but if I’m uploading using the Summon Import Wizard, will it know that this was Bazaar content?

Figured it out. In this case I had to first create a blank new 5e world, launch the new, blank world and then activate the module for the adventure. Other adventures I bought I could just select from the Game Manager. Bazaar description for the adventures does not indicate which approach is needed.

Hello new to the Forge. I am having an issue when I try to import my foundry it is not updating in forge correctly. It does not load my worlds or settings, system, modules, etc.

Hi there! Welcome to the Forge! :+1:
For your initial import, please make sure that you specify your entire local Foundry’s Data folder
(the default location for that folder on Windows is %USERPROFILE%\Local\FoundryVTT\AppData\Local\FoundryVTT\Data)

You also need to Stop and Start your server on The Forge to load new packages.
Don’t hesitate to come and talk to us on the #forge-support channel on our Discord server if we can help out.

wondering if anyone can help me I’m having problems with the import Wiz where it just gets stuck on this part> Screenshot - 1a1f9cbf683209c52120918d6c02c3ed - Gyazo

Hey there!
That’s a lot of files! You might be able to see a specific error popping up in your dev tools (F12) that explains what might be going wrong. I’d also recommend trying the upload in smaller batches of files, and seeing if that goes through.

Hi. I’m trying to update my wfrp4e system using the wizard, so that I can bring in sounds etc. however it’s not working. I can see the updated systems folder which I have uploaded from my foundry folder, in my forge assets folder. However the system remains unaffected and the sounds, which work in foundry, do not work in the forge. I got this working before however nothing I do seems to work now? Please help.

Hey there @rcruk :wave:

I believe I might’ve briefly chatted to you (or someone else) on The Forge’s Discord server regarding the issue!

My suspicion is that the files are pointing to the wrong location in the assets library (eg. a wrong subfolder or typo) or that there is some kind of error with relative paths, or there could be a bug in the system/configuration.

Could I please ask that you create a support ticket on the #ticket-support channel of that Discord server and post a link to this comment and the .zip for the custom system or an invite to your game which has it currently installed. I think it’d be a lot easier to troubleshoot from the inside!

Is there any ways to import only used assets? At the moment i have 90GB foundry data folder, mainly with maps and different assets, but 90% of them are not used.

I’ve tried to import whole folder, but forge just stop processing files after it uploaded 20GB.

@sinled

It depends a little on how your files are sorted locally, if you’re able to isolate those files (e.g. if they are in your world folders), then you can upload only those individual worlds. If they’re interspersed throughout the /Data folder, it would be more challenging and you would have to remove the unused content first or move the used content out into other folders.

We don’t offer this specific use case at present, but it is an interesting challenge. I recommend you ask in the #macro-polo channel of the Foundry Discord server for help writing a script that A) finds used assets per world and B) calls FilePicker.upload with those assets, but into the /Data/worlds/worldId folder, and C) changes the path of the file in world to use the new path. Then, you can upload only the specific certain world in question.

There are a couple of possible solutions, but I’m afraid we don’t support importing only used assets at present, and it depends on the layout of the files on your local machine between used/unused.

I’m having issues with importing my world&assets. I click the import wizard, then i navigate to appdata/local/foundryVTT and select the data folder. I click “Analyze files” and then… It finds 1 file and 1 asset. It seems to give the same response whatever folder i try to import, even if that folder is empty.

I’m on Windows 11 and using OperaGX if any of those two might be the issue.

Edit: I tried using edge and it worked. Anyone have an idea why Opera doesn’t work? It sucks if i need to go to edge everytime i import stuff :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey there :wave: Unfortunately there is an issue with OperaGX at the moment, I think it’s something that the browser does that’s changing the way the standard upload element it’s using works with folders, recognizing the entire folder as if it were a file.

For the moment, you’d have to use an alternative browser when doing folder imports, but zip imports should work fine.

So another workaround would be to zip up the imported world or module before pushing it through the Import Wizard if you don’t want to switch browsers :+1: