Can't install a module / k is not defined

Module already activated on Paizo then Foundry

Found it on the Bazaar and tried to install it

error message says “k is not defined” all in red

Hey there, which module are you trying to use and could you please post a screenshot of the error message for context?

It looks like a TypeError where a variable is being used before it has been defined. A screenshot will help us track down where it’s coming from.

Edit: If you could also please open the browser dev tools (F12) before you attempt the install, we may see additional error information showing there

1 Like

It’s Mantle of Gold for PF2. Mmm sure about the dev tools but I don’t know how to do that with a Mac

It’ll be with Option + ⌘ + I on Mac :slight_smile:

Hmm, alright I don’t own that one so it’s a bit tricky to check.
Could you please check in your Foundry server logs from https://forge-vtt.com/setup to see if there are any error messages there, which might explain why the install is failing?

For premium modules, we forward the install request to the Foundry server.

As an alternative install method, you can install the package on your local Foundry server by following the steps given from Paizo:

This purchase will grant you an activation code which can be activated through your Foundry VTT account page at Home | Foundry Virtual Tabletop and access to the PDF version of the same content (both downloadable from your My Downloads page on paizo.com). Afterwards you will be able to install the “Sky King’s Tomb – Mantle of Gold” module on the Foundry Virtual Tabletop setup screen. To learn more about activating and installing premium content in Foundry Virtual Tabletop, visit Premium Content | Foundry Virtual Tabletop.

And after that, you can use the Import Wizard to import the package to your Forge account.

Alright I went there, if it’s filtering the log by errors, the last error was in 2021 so I guess I haven’t got any errors there
The rest of the foundry log is a lot of text which I could of course share with you.

I could take the alternative route you mentioned later, too. But would I have all the campaign data coming from the module twice? Like once in my computer hard disk and also taking up space in my Forge storage?

I could take the alternative route you mentioned later, too. But would I have all the campaign data coming from the module twice? Like once in my computer hard disk and also taking up space in my Forge storage?

Initially, yes, but you can delete the local version of the module after importing it to The Forge.

We’ve had some other reports of problems with the module installation for that particular module which I’m investigating, so if I find something here I may be able to fix it for you as well. Will let you know!

I’ve gotten some more information on that thanks to some helpful assistance.
The k is undefined issue is a problem with Foundry v9 (Foundry Discord message explaining the issue here)

If you are getting k is undefined then you are still on an older v9 version, and those modules/systems have updated their manifests for v10 and includes some fields that v9 doesn’t recognize. The latest v9 update provides a more clear message.

If you’re encountering this, chances are good that your default Foundry version is configured to use Foundry v9. I would recommend checking and possibly updating your Foundry default version from The Forge (or from The Forge if you’re using Game Manager).

If are on v9 and you’d prefer to stay on that, please note that that module requires Foundry 11.306 and pf2e 5.3.0 at minimum to run

Ah yeah, definitely an old version

I hadn’t run a game since late 2021! here on Forge !

Anyway thank you for everything

1 Like