World data inflated

Hi,

I am having the same issues. I have disabled all my modules and am having performance issues. I am thinking that this might be a similar issue w/ the use of RAM, but I’m not sure. My issues started when I attempted to create a gem list in order to create a gem loot table.

I only have one world created and my game data is at 527MB. Do I need to remove the items that I’ve created? in order to improve connection performance? Is this much the same issue?

Appreciate any assistance.

Your game data is 500MB?
Could you press “select data content to delete” to see how much of that is in a world?
Also, have you tested if hardware acceleration is on or WebGL is on?

Hi @Kevin,

My world is 259MB and yes hardware acceleration is on.

That’s not normal as a world should be around 5 to 10MB in size, 20MB if it’s huge. This seems to be caused by misbehaving modules that spam an item or actor or token with invalid data until it inflates the world beyond working conditions.
I suggest you export your world, find the large file that’s in there, and open it in a text editor, look for any repeating data and use the editor’s search & replace function to remove the repeating pattern, often, it’s ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, or ,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0 repeating millions of times for example.

Ok, I’ll give that a shot and see if that works. I’m assuming that once I delete the repeating pattern, that I should re-import the world back into Forge and delete the old one?

Yes, exactly. Just keep the original backup of your world in case you messed something up, then use the import wizard to overwrite your existing world.

So I looked in my items file and found that my “tokenData” had the pattern that you were talking about.

tokenData":{“width”:["1,1,1,1,1,1,1,… ],“height”:["1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,…]

I see it repeats w/ several of the individual items throughout the file and it seems that it applies to the gems that I was attempting to create for the gem loot table that I was building. Can I just abbreviate it to just:

tokenData":{“width”:[“1,1”],“height”:[“1,1”]

Or might it be easier to just remove the gems that I created outright?