Vaesen premium module jal dependency?

Hi!

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer. I’ve just purchased the Vaesen core rulebook premium module and I’ve tried to install it in a world built with the unofficial Vaesen system.

I get the message “You have enabled Vaesen Core but its dependency jal is not installed.”

What doe this mean and how do I resolve it?

Thanks

Same situation with Symbaroum. I would sure like to know the answer.

It looks like this package (jal = “Journal Anchor Links”) is the dependency that is required, and it didn’t get automatically installed at the same time. It should in theory install dependencies automatically, but something might have prevented that from succeeding. Install it from the Bazaar directly (then restart your game), it should fix the problem.
https://forge-vtt.com/bazaar#package=jal

1 Like

Thank you. This resolved the issue for me. I thought I’d tried and failed to find “Journal Anchor Links” in the Bazaar but on a second look, it was there.

My Foundry version was set to 8.7 so no matter what I did, jal wasn’t coming up. When I switched my default version to 8.9 and did a search it came up.

2 Likes

Ah, that’s a good point, yeah. jal requires a minimum Foundry core version of 0.8.8 to function, so it wouldn’t be available if you’re on an earlier version. That would explain why it wasn’t showing up for you or failed to install automatically.

Hello
Regardless of what I do it does not install. I have tried to change Foundry version. I have unisntalled the game system and reinstalled it. I have deleted and reinstalled the module. And it still do not take. I get the error message: JAL dependencies not installed. Any suggestions?
/Jonas

Hello! You seem to have encountered the same issue as above, please install the dependencies ^^

It looks like this package (jal = “Journal Anchor Links”) is the dependency that is required, and it didn’t get automatically installed at the same time. It should in theory install dependencies automatically, but something might have prevented that from succeeding. Install it from the Bazaar directly (then restart your game), it should fix the problem.
The Module on the Bazaar