A billing cycle is our technical way of referring to when we charge/renew your subscription to The Forge. For instance, if you have an active monthly subscription to The Forge that renews on the 25th of the month, your current billing cycle would be from the 25th of last month, to the 25th of the current month. In effect, it’s the active lifetime of your subscription before its renewed.
Users may want to reset their subscription’s billing cycles in the following cases:
- When you wish to change the day you’re billed, for financial/record-keeping purposes.
- To take advantage of coupons/sales we offer, especially if the limited-time sale would otherwise be missed, or was forgotten about during checkout. This is especially useful for ongoing customers who don’t mind renewing early.
To reset your billing cycle on The Forge, take the following steps:
- Open the Subscription Manager by going to your Account’s Subscription page.
- Click on the “Renew Current subscription” button in the bottom-left corner of the Subscription Manager
- Read through the prompt that will appear, asking you to confirm that you understand your billing cycle will be reset, your subscription will be extended and renewed immediately, and that any pending downgrades will be cancelled.
- Proceed with checkout as normal.
No. Unused time on your current subscription will be applied as a prorated credit toward the renewal.
If you receive more in prorated credit and from the discount than spent on your subscription, the extra balance will be put on your Forge account as a credit, to be spent toward future Forge purchases.
Have questions about your subscription? Email [email protected].