[Online][PF1e][LGBTQ+ Friendly][GMT+2][Evil Campaign] Way Of The Wicked (Third Party Adventure For Pathfinder)

Greetings! My name is Nicky im a 24 years old male and im from Denmark and thank you so much for giving this post a read. It will be a bit long but i feel like i can convey it better this way so please read through the whole thing.

The Kingdom of Talingarde is the most noble, virtuous, peaceful nation in the known world. This is the story of how you burned this insipid paradise to the ground. It’s only fair. They shipped you to the worst prison in the kingdom and branded you. They burned you first.

I have run this adventure several times and have time and time again enjoyed myself more and more as i play it. Mostly because of the players ive had and all the good amount of fun. If it wasnt obvious this is an evil campaign for evil characters where you go from some lovely criminals to evil overlords of the country of Talingarde.

DISCLAIMEROkay, it’s important for us to get a few issues out in the open as this is an evil campaign and some issues can occur since its not a typical campaign:**1. PG-13 villainy (some leeway accepted)**Being an evil campaign, a certain amount of unpleasantness will almost certainly occur that lie outside the norms of acceptable gaming behavior. It’s important that we get a few protocols in place to keep things acceptable for all players.For example, if torture is involved then players should simply state that their victim will spend the day being tortured and let the intimidate check decide the rest. Everything else is handled ‘off-screen’, with the result either being the information is extracted, or that the victim has resisted the harsh treatment… for now. This could be regarded as PG-13 villainy. There was no doubt about what had occurred, but the details can only be guessed upon. There’s certainly no need for graphic depictions of torture, after all.Needless to say, certain topics should be strictly off limits entirely, though I will ask players specifically before game (and probably afterwards too) about how they feel about specific restrictions and comfort zones. If all else fails though, players should adhere to the PG-13 guideline.**2. Us against the world!**While it is certainly tempting to stab other party members in the back in an evil campaign, player-vs-player conflict rarely ends well for anyone. As such, the campaign has been specifically designed to make party conflict difficult at best, suicidal at worst. This will be become very clear quite early in the plot.But even ignoring any such insurances, make no mistake that every PC is being hunted by far more dangerous foes than the others in your little band. The king, the church, and the vast majority of the population would not hesitate to kill you all for your vile deeds. Falling upon each other will only make you weaker.Also, don’t forget your alignments. None of you is some chaotic evil psychopath out for him or herself. You may be evil and self-serving, but working as a team should be a natural and sensible response to the situation you are currently in. At the very least, your party members should be considered valuable resources not to be thrown away lightly.If this is STILL not enough and blatant, violent PvP begins I will be monitoring it closely and reserve the right to intervene. Seriously, there’s no need for it.**3. Motivation (aka: Evil is banal)**The old axiom is quite correct, evil is indeed banal. It is a boring villain who only does evil for evil’s sake, and it makes for an unrealistic character anyway. Let’s not fall into that trap.Every PC starts as a criminal, true enough. But why did you turn to crime in the first place? When could you have last turned back? And now that you cannot, whom do you blame for your scars? You don’t have to answer these questions specifically but take a moment to at least consider them. What must be done to Talingarde should not be banal wickedness for its own sake.Vengeance must be yours. Just be sure to know why.

I felt like this was good to set straight right off the bat.

**What Platform Will We Be Using?**This is an online game and we will be using foundry VTT for the game itself and Discord for communication.

**Character Creation?**This game uses character creation rules from the Way of the Wicked Player’s Guide with a 20 point buy. This is a free download from FireMountainGames but an online pdf can be found HERE.

LEGAL SOURCESEssentially, most Paizo sources are acceptable provided I have the book in question or an online link. I’m allowing the Retraining rules also (provided PCs have sufficient downtime of course).

RACECore and Featured races from Advanced Races Guide are permitted in this campaign. Any race with a fly speed is disallowed. Other races may be permitted on request. Nothing too freakish please.

CLASS Anti-paladin: Must take the ‘Tyrant’ or similar archetype that allows alignment to be lawful or neutral evil. I.e. No Chaotic Evil Anti-paladins.Cleric: Must choose Asmodeus as patron deity. Willing to allow arch-devil or diabolism.Druid: Fine, but no animal companions that are feline (tigers, lions, etc) and no dinosaurs either.Gunslinger: Permitted. Emerging guns is the guns level. Guns are rare though, don’t expect guns and ammo to be readily available.Ninja/Samurai: Discouraged but not forbidden. You’ll have to convince me why an eastern warrior is in Talingarde.Summoner: Unchained only.Psychic: Disallowed. Not a fan.Kineticist: Disallowed. WAY too broken.Spiritualist: Disallowed. Seriously, isn’t an animal companion bad enough?

Unchained rules are fine though (Unchained Rogue comes highly recommended)3rd party classes may be allowable on request.

New Archetypes are available:

• Inquisitor (Torture Master)
  • Cleric (Unholy Barrister)
  • Monk (Hand of Tyranny)

ALIGNMENTLawful evil or neutral evil preferred. Lawful neutral or true neutral is okay if you can provide a good explanation and don’t simply use it as a means of power gaming. I WILL rewrite enemy stats to target power gamers if you try to pull a fast one.

AGENo young template. No middle aged, old or venerable characters.

RELIGION

Clerics (and similar classes ) MUST choose a devilish entity (ideally Asmodeus but possibly an archdevil) as their patron deity. All other characters need not be especially devout but all must at least show passing respect for Asmodeus. Diabolism and Pantheism(archdevils) are also acceptable.

TRAITS

• PCs start the game with 1 trait from any legal Paizo source and a Criminal trait from the player’s guide.
  • Drawbacks are allowed but you should roleplay it and not just take it for meagaming or power purposes

FEATSThere are a some new feats also added to this adventure that will be provided when we have session 0

EQUIPMENTHave an equipment list ready because you get 200 GP to shop for but you dont start with these items right away.

The game day and timeThe ideal time for me would be on Sundays at 9 PM GMT +2. But time can also be discussed

I am looking for 4-5 players willing to join me once again on this journey

Thank you so much for reading all the way through. To apply send me a message or write in the comments and tell me about yourself and some vague character idea you could have for the game.

Are you still looking for players? I’m definitely interested. I would be looking to play a conjuration wizard who eventually enters the diabolist prestige class.

Sadly this game ended a long time ago! But thanks for the interest.