Old DM, New to PF2E/Remaster, for Beginners like Me - Need [4] of 4 PCs

[LFP] [PF2E] [free] [Campaign] [Level 1] [4 Players] [beginner] [free-to-play] begins no later than [June 16th 2024] [Sunday] [5:00PM CST] [10:00 GMT] [USA] [English] [weekly] [21+] [adult content] [adult humor] [audio] with [Discord] [video] for DM, Player [VDO.Ninja] video optional but encouraged. PF2E [Core| Adv. Players Guide [APG] [Remaster] loaded into [Forge]/[Foundry].

The Land - Welcome to The Land. A simple, fairy-tale place with memorable characters and stunning locations. Begin an amazing journey from parts well known, seriously, not just to this fantastical realm but a gateway to a myriad of adventures in worlds familiar and not so familiar. You and your fellow Players will start here. On planet Earth. As yourselves. Yep. All the Players will have been invited to and will soon meet on the A.E. Newman Yearly Survival & Leadership Training Vacation Prize Giveaway*! Then, an encounter while trekking to your base camp, a wrong choice on the trail or a misspoken word during the idyllic peacefulness and…Well, you’ll see. Soon the Party is somehow drawing swords(?) and preparing spells(?!), possibly in different humanoid forms and/or in unknown (not real?) languages. It’s a classic fish-out-of-water, Good vs. Evil story with a lot more Good vs. Evil stories nestled inside. What can you pack for a vacation like this?

Grab your gear, wink-wink-nod-nod, and don’t forget your sense of humor.

This game is free. This Campaign is for 4 adult, fun loving and mature Players with some basic RPG experience and have access to the physical Pathfinder 2E Core Rulebook. There is a reason for that. :slight_smile: Use of Foundry: I’ve been using Foundry since the Fall of 2023 and have used Roll20 since 2014. I’m comfortable with Foundry; love it actually. DM/GM experience: Feb-Apr 2024 ran PF2e Remaster rules on The Forge; previously D&D 5e, PF1st, Vampire: The Masquerade. Warhammer RPG, Twilight 2000, AD&D 1st & 2nd and Red Box (1981, 13 yrs. old). I generally run a 50/50 Combat/RP style. Audio is Discord and VDO.Ninja for video if you so choose (it’s free, no installation, easy and secure). I encourage video because, face it, who doesn’t talk and not use their hands and make facial expressions? It’s Okay if you choose not to but I think it will make your game and everyone else’s game much more fun if you do. My Sessions usually run 4 hours but may extend to 5 if the whole Party wishes to. I’m located in the Midwest.
If you are interested so far and can keep up with a weekly game, please Reply with:

• Your Discord handle and your name or what people call you by at a family picnic.
  • Your age.
  • RPG experience.
  • Do you have the PF2E Core Rulebook?
  • Character concept in 3 sentences. Forget that you are starting as a 0-Level Human on Earth. If a crazy transformation has to happen, what kind of Character sounds fun on this journey? Use only the PF2E Core Rulebook & PF2E APG Ancestry and Class capabilities.
  • Favorite Fantasy Style/Level: Low, Medium, High. Maybe it’s a mix. Give an example if need be. Each of these settings can occur in different locations in The Land.
  • What do people really call you at the Family Picnic?
  • Favorite fantasy novel.
  • Will you be using video?
  • What is one item you know you would take on a camping trip. Doesn’t matter what it is. Could be personal or ridiculous. Really.
  • Fill in the blank: “We got Spanish nuts and we got deer nuts. The Spanish nuts are $1.25 and deer nuts are under a ______ .”
  • Additional questions like “Do I need a mic?” Yes., “Do I use Pronouns?” No., etc.

Afterwards, Replies not selected as Players will receive a message thanking each person and to please keep me in mind for later or additional games.

Each selected Player will receive an Invite from the DM Randall’s The Land Discord server. There each of you will be asked for a little more input for me, The DM, and a special bonus question that might result in a new magical item each for yourself or the Party.

Looking forward to the Replies and thanks for reading this LFP

dm_randall creator The Land

Hi @dm_randallp, Im interested in playing in pathfinder 2e.

• Discord is willbenegfill and Name is Will
  • My Rpg Experience is a year of DND one shots
  • My Character Concept in 3 Sentences: The trope of the Drunken Master but before the become the master with a charming touch. I want explore the characters like Uncle Iroh and Kakashi Sensei and what makes the mentor that they are.
  • I think medium is great, I generally prefer milestone leveling because it feels more thematic and true to whatever story we make. I really also enjoy games like humblewood and witchlight.
  • What people really call me at the Family Picnic: Billie
    • Favorite fantasy novel is The Rangers Apprentice
  • I will not be using video
  • The one item you know you would take on a camping trip: would probably be a notebook to write any ideas down.
  • A Dollar
1 Like

Im 100% down for a Sunday game! been looking for a good Sunday game to join for a while.

• Discord names is dragonbanejbp
  • im a young 43.
  • many many moons of RPG experience.
  • Do you have the PF2E Core Rulebook? yes
  • Character concept in 3 sentences. I want to play the new wizard build Grammatica. I’m all about the party but i always end up playing the cleric lol. i would love to play a wizard or even a tank fighter this time. if need be ill even play the healer i’m good at it but i warn you i’m usually a angry dwarf.
  • Favorite Fantasy Style/Level: Low i like all but if you can get into the character erley it makes for a better campain.
  • What do people really call you at the Family Picnic? Dad! I’ve served in the military for the last 20 years far from most my family so what picnics i do go to are with my immediate family.
  • Favorite fantasy novel. Richard Bakers Corsair.
  • Will you be using video? I can if needed.
  • What is one item you know you would take on a camping trip. Doesn’t matter what it is. Could be personal or ridiculous. Really. Axe/Knife.
  • Fill in the blank: “We got Spanish nuts and we got deer nuts. The Spanish nuts are $1.25 and deer nuts are under a Buck .”
1 Like

Glad when Players have the actual books.

• RyuuTheKitune
  • alot
  • yes
  • Minitaur small barbarian
  • Favorite Fantasy Style/Level: medium. N/A
  • What do people Ryuu
  • N/A
  • Will you be using video? No
  • What is one item you know you would take on a camping trip. Doesn’t matter what it is. A Tent
  • Fill in the blank: “We got Spanish nuts and we got deer nuts. The Spanish nuts are $1.25 and deer nuts are under a the truck .”
  • Additional questions: none just need the actual time

Your Discord handle and your name or what people call you by at a family picnic. — ----------------------------------------------DarkRoast

• Your age. -----53
  • RPG experience. ------------------Loooong time, but always learning.
  • Do you have the PF2E Core Rulebook? -------Yes
  • Character concept in 3 sentences. Forget that you are starting as a 0-Level Human on Earth. If a crazy transformation has to happen, what kind of Character sounds fun on this journey? Use only the PF2E Core Rulebook & PF2E APG Ancestry and Class capabilities.-----Rat-folk—Desert Rat----Psychic—
  • Favorite Fantasy Style/Level: Low, Medium, High. Maybe it’s a mix. Give an example if need be. Each of these settings can occur in different locations in The Land.—I enjoy good storytelling mixed with interesting and fun character options. Combat is always a goodtime but a good theater of the mind with intrigue, suspense, and danger is always something special—
  • What do people really call you at the Family Picnic? —Crazy Papa—
  • Favorite fantasy novel.—Dune–
  • Will you be using video?—I can and will if needed—
  • What is one item you know you would take on a camping trip. Doesn’t matter what it is. Could be personal or ridiculous. Really.—Toilet paper—
  • Fill in the blank: “We got Spanish nuts and we got deer nuts. The Spanish nuts are $1.25 and deer nuts are under a Buck
    [/quote]
    I have 2 others ( ages 49 and 30) that would love to Roleplay a good 2e also. I GM for them now (Abomination Vaults) and we would all love to be able to TT together. Sundays are when we run now, so it would be a smooth transition as far as Days go. We are all CST also. Thanks for the look.
1 Like

I’m very interested. My game is about to start right now so it will be later this evening.