Low Res question?

I’m trying to play with a friend and they are on a laptop that isn’t very strong and has a resolution of 1366x768 and they got a pop up stating that many features may not work properly due to this. What features dont work properly cause of this? trying to determine how severe this is.

Thanks for any information.

That’s a good question. I don’t know if I have the right answer for you, but here are my thoughts.

I think the issue is that the sidebar (where chat is) has a fixed size, so small screens means less VTT real estable, but also the character sheets have a minimum size for example. Atropos developed Foundry with that resolution in mind as the minimum (because of the small laptops using 1368x768 screens) so if you have a smaller screen, you may not be able to see all of the character sheet for example. I don’t think it has any other “severe” consequences though, but it’s more about how much effort during development went into making the layout of the UI work for small screens.
That warning that appears can be clicked by the way to make it go away, in case it’s a nuisance.

I’ll ask in the Foundry Discord and see if they can come up with a better answer than what I think it is.

With smaller screens, as kakaroto said, the character sheet and maybe some item sheets won’t resize or scroll far enough down to see the bottom. My Alt5e sheet was made to be fully resizable and scrollable in order to support smaller screens.

1 Like