Looking for 1-3 players to hang out and roll dice on Sunday Mornings (Eastern time, North America)

Game System: D&D 5th Edition
Game Time: Sundays, 9:30 AM - 12:30ish PM, Eastern Time (North America)
Game Style: Generally linear adventures with a healthy mix of social encounters and combat
Game Setting: Modules loosely connected to a hub town/world (usually set nebulously in Greyhawk)

Hail Adventurers!

My name is Adam! I’m a 28 year old man and have been running 5e for something like 5 years now. I’m looking for up to three new players to join a weekly game that I run for my father (Steve) and one of our mutual friends (Joe)! We get together on Sundays as a chance to hang out and roll some dice because fantasy is fun.

We’re looking for similarly minded individuals who just want to hang out a play a game for the fun of it. Any experience level is welcome, from beginner to advanced!

We meet Sundays starting at 9:30 AM Eastern Time, with video chat over discord and generally last around 3 hours. The game is played and rolled over Foundry VTT on the Forge

A little about me as a DM: I’m not really much of a world designer. So I usually run pre-written modules (usually from 5e, or one of the previous D&D editions) and make tweaks to them in order to connect them into a larger story. My favorite part of the game is combat, because I really enjoy rolling dice and using cool abilities. But, I try to mix in at least a little bit of exploration and roleplay in each session. The result is usually a relatively linear experience where the characters end up somewhere so that an adventure can happen, but then they players have free reign to solve the problems however they see fit.

Our plan is to start a new game from level 1. I’m hoping to have session 0 on June the 12th with the goal of making characters, setting expectations, and just kind of getting to know each other. The next couple of sessions will (hopefully) be one shot scenarios to shake off the inevitable “playing with strangers” awkwardness. After that, I’ll present the group a list of adventures to run through that will hopefully take the characters somewhere between 10th and 13th level.

Please let me know if you have any questions or are interested in playing!

1 Like

Good morning. I know I’m late but I’m interested, and 9 works great for me on sundays. I want to DM but I need experience before I dive in. I’ve played pathfinder 3.5 a little so for our purposes I’m a brand new player. I’m also new to Foundry, but I’ve been playing with everything and watching tutorials so I hope I won’t fall behind for long. I have character ideas for a paladin and a rogue, but I’m willing to learn any position you may need.

Am I too late? I would love to try a session to see if I am a fit for the party. I am a lifelong gamer, mainly DnD and Pathfinder. I am on the West coast so the time is perfect for me. The game will be done before the family is up and doing things. What does the party need?

This is exactly what I was interested in! I live in Eastern time zone and am looking for a Saturday AND a Sunday morning game played between 8am and noon.

I am seasoned gamer (like 40+ years) and very interested in playing D&D 5e, Traveller, Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu, and Star Wars (FFG), but by no means are those the only games I would play.
I am looking for long campaigns where I can play a character of my own design. I would prefer to play with mature players at least 21 years old.

Please reach out when you have an opening. :smiley:

Hey Charlie! Sorry for the late reply, We were on hiatus for a little bit because of summer vacations and such things. We’re planning on getting back together though! Are you still interested in a spot?

We’re looking to create new characters all together and, as far as I am aware, nobody has any character choices locked in. We’re waiting to have the talk about what people want to play and what roles we would need. All stuff to discuss in the first session.

We’re thinking as early as Sunday August 7th, but if you get back to me any time within the next week, we can figure something out before September.

~Adam

I am in and good for Sunday!

wow , this sounds interesting!

Is it possible that you are looking for another player?

I love RP, my last PC was a cowardly bookish Leonin, the one before that a Mousefolg warlock riding his pseudodragon!
(I also create stuff: https://dnd-world.com is my site)

Thank you for your interest everyone! But this game is now closed. I’ll reach out again in a new post if a spot opens up!