Livekit Issues

Hi Folks,

I’m still having issues with Livekit audio. We have 3 to 4 users which includes the DM but will lose sound in several variety of ways randomly throughout the session. Some players can hear some users whilst others can’t. very random. We have had to take to using audio via roll20 which is not ideal but works.

Does anyone else experience similar issues (considering its a paid service). Or does anyone know of a fix or an upgrade? Can’t use discord as two of the party login from Dubai which restricts whatsApp, discord and several other audio/video connections.

Many thanks ;0)

Hi there @derek.briscoe

I’ve not experienced these particular issues myself when using The Forge’s LiveKit server with the LiveKit module.
Could you please confirm the server that you’ve configured the module to use?

It’s quite odd that audio would cut out randomly for some players.

Hi Thanks Phi,

yes it is connected to the correct server. Please see attachment. Been happening for several weeks but friday gone was particularly bad. I use a 200mb up/down pipe exclusive to my use as DM. So I doubt its bandwidth issues my side.
LiveKit

Thanks for confirming!

Are you experiencing the issue where audio cuts out for you, as well? That connection shouldn’t have issues, but I’m wondering if something else is going wrong in the browser when the audio cuts out for a specific player.

My recommendation would be to try and spot if there is an error in the dev tools console (F12) in the browser of a specific player when their audio cuts out. There might be some helpful information in there. I’ll ask about this internally as well.

Another suggestion is to try to check with all other modules disabled. One particular module WebRTC Tweaks seems to cause issues with the LiveKit module, but there may be other conflicts.

Sometimes the players can’t hear me but hear each other and so I have to refresh. Difficult to see why as I usee a dedicated 200mb pipe up and down at work. No firewall issues either.

I will look at turning off any unused or unnescessary modules for now and see if that makes a difference. Thanks

I will look at turning off any unused or unnescessary modules for now and see if that makes a difference. Thanks

No problem! Some modules have been known to conflict with LiveKit, specifically ones that also affect A/V. Those should be the ones to turn off first.

Sometimes the players can’t hear me but hear each other and so I have to refresh. Difficult to see why as I usee a dedicated 200mb pipe up and down at work. No firewall issues either.

If you keep your browser dev tools’ console open while playing (press F12)

you might see a specific error message being printed around the time your audio drops. That might give us an indication of what is going wrong. I imagine that this is likely an error in the browser, rather than something going wrong with your connection, but I am not certain of that. Hopefully an error message gives us more information, if disabling other modules doesn’t work.

Will try. We all use mainly Chrome.