[LFP] [5e] [Paid] [Foundry] Icewind Dale: Rime of the Frost Maiden

Campaign: Icewind Dale: Rime of the Frost Maiden
Date: Weekly sessions every Thursday (First Session will be 5/12)
Time: 10:00am EST
Place: Virtual tabletop on Roll20 Foundry, voice chat on Discord
Duration: Sessions last 3-4 hours
Payment: $15 a session per player, payable via Venmo (If you don’t have access to Venmo, Paypal will be fine)

Well-met adventurers! My name is Domenic and I’ve been a DM now for a little over 3 years now. I created an initial listing on roll20, however depending on responses and what’s preferred, I can host this campaign on Foundry/The Forge. I intend on beginning this Campaign next Thursday May 12, at 10:00am, assuming we have enough player’s to begin. I’m looking for 7 players brave enough to explore the frigid lands of Icewind Dale, but so long as we have at least 4 players ready by Session 1 we can begin.

Why Pay-to-Play: Pay-to-Play ensures you and your fellow players have the experience you DESERVE. Pay-to-play ensures each player remains committed to playing and showing up to each session. Aside from this, you can expect each session be thoroughly planned and prepped, creating a memorable adventure for years to come! A lot of time and effort goes into each session alone, and I ensure you that by joining this campaign you have:
-Access to all Official and Unofficial source material’s purchased by me (at this time the source material I own is on roll20)
-Access to a dedicated Discord server where you can easily find lore, past session logs, and much more
-An adventure custom tailored to your characters background and accomplishments as the campaign progresses
-Hours of fun!

If you’re interested in joining check out the post’s bellow for more information! And if you have any questions feel free and send me a message!

Character Creation

1. Starting Level: Level 1!
  2. Race/Class/Source Material: All official 5e Sources are allowed. I have many of the source books already for Roll20, so they will be available to you through the charactermancer. If you’re using a source not owned by me that will be fine, just let me know so I can look up the class/races features for reference. 3rd party content and unearthed arcana may be allowed, just run it by me first and keep in mind that there may be some adjustments made as the game progresses. Multiclass is
  3. Stats: We will use the point buy system (27 points)
  4. Alignment : For the purpose of mechanics, choose which ever Alignment you see fit; RP wise, Alignment wont be given much weight, if any at all. Remember, D&D is a cooperative game, so long as everyone works together and has fun, then that’s all that matters.
  5. Gold and Equipment: You may either use your classes starting wealth or class equipment.
  6. Bonus Feat: Each Player can choose a feat at 1st level.
  7. Secrets: After character completion is complete, roll on the secrets table (You can reroll if you don’t like the first secret rolled). You can share your secret with the other players if you like, or keep it hidden until you feel the time is right!
  8. Backstory: Your backstory can be as simple or intricate as you like! All I ask is that you provide me with some sort of goal or ambition at the very least. I will incorporate your characters backstory into the game as best as I can.

House Rules

As the game progresses, House rules may be added or removed subject to DM’s discretion and input from the players.

1. There will be no RP of various sensitive topics such as Sex, Rape, Torture, etc. This is not an exhaustive list and each player will allowed to give their input as to what should be excluded prior to the start of the campaign.
  2. Using a potion during combat is a bonus action.
  3. Before combat begins, but after initiative has been rolled, you may swap positions with one another.
  4. Injuries Rule Variant: If any of the following occurs, a PC will obtain an “Injury” (Found on the Injury table).
  • When a creature drops to 0 hit points but isn’t killed outright
  • When a creature fails a death saving throw by 5 or more
  • When a creature takes 2 critical hits within the same instance of combat
  • When a creature takes damage from a single source equal to or greater than half its hit point maximum
  1. Critical Hit/Critical Miss Rule Variant: If you roll a critical hit, or roll a nat. 1 during combat, you must reroll and confirm the critical. If the roll is confirmed (For a critical Hit, your reroll must match or exceed your opponents AC. For a critical Miss, Your reroll must miss your opponents AC) You deal max damage and roll on the critical hit table; A confirmed fail means you deal no damage and roll on the critical fumble table. If you do not confirm the Critical Hit, you deal just max damage; If you do not confirm the Critical Miss, you just miss the attack.

2. Countering spells: To counter a spell, you may use the spell “Counter Spell,” you may cast the exact same spell (If applicable), or you may cast a spell that realistically would negate the spell being cast (For example Ray of Frost could be used to negate Fire Bolt). To do this:

3. Use your “Reaction”

4. You must identify the spell - Arcana Check vs DC to Identify the Spell (10 + Spell Level)

5. Cast the spell you wish to counter the opposing spell with.

6. You and your opponent make opposed Arcana Checks (This goes for counterspell as well).

If your opponent wins, the spell succeeds. If there is a tie, the spell succeeds, but any damage is halved. If you win, its spell fails and has no effect. If you win the contest by 5 or more, the creature takes 1d6 force damage per the spell’s level.

1. Inspiration Points: Each player starts off with 1 inspiration point per session. Inspiration Points can be gained throughout the session, and can be shared amongst PC’s if they so choose. Inspiration points can be used to reroll one of your rolls (1 point); Give another PC a bonus to their roll (+2 per Point spent); Give the DM a Penalty to a roll (-2 per point spent); Make the DM reroll (3 Points); Avoid Death (3 Points)

2. Good Berry can be used to restore HP but is not a valid source of nutrition for your characters!

Interested in joining? Let me know down bellow!