How to install Patreon exclusive modules

Patreon Integration through Foundry Gaming

Do you want to install premium content through Foundry Gaming’s Patreon integration? Check out how to link your Patreon to your Foundry Gaming account here: Premium Content | Foundry Virtual Tabletop

Once you have linked your Foundry Gaming account to your Patreon, you will be able to install this content on The Forge shortly afterward.

Patreon Integration on The Bazaar

The Forge also has a separate integration, through The Bazaar. The Bazaar is The Forge’s marketplace service, allowing users to purchase content from their favorite creators. It also offers the ability for users to access content from their favorite Patreon Creators as well.

For most packages offered through Patreon integration, users must be subscribed at Story Teller or higher to use it. You can check the required tier by hovering over the ? tooltip of the package.

We explain how it works below.

How to Install Patreon Content

Before Installing

Not every creator who offers content compatible with Foundry VTT will offer Patreon integration through The Bazaar. If you want to subscribe to a Bazaar Creator’s Patreon to access their content on The Bazaar, make sure to do the following:

• That they offer their content through our Patreon integration.
  • That they offer the content you want through their Patreon integration (Bazaar Creators can pick and choose content to offer through Patreon integration).
  • And that the content will be available at a tier and contribution level of your choice.

Every package on The Bazaar available through Patreon integration will have an overlay like the one below:

Screenshot 2023-03-22 191611

Screenshot 2023-03-22 191644

By hovering over the question mark icon on a package, you can preview the tier, and minimum lifetime contribution required to access the content in question.

Accessing and Installing

To obtain content through Patreon integration, take the following steps:

1. Navigate to/find the appropriate package on The Bazaar.
  2. Select the green “Install” button on the Patreon banner (if it is not available, verify you have met the eligibility requirements for Patreon installation. See the prior section for more details).
  3. You can now enable/view the content in-game! If it is an asset package, it will be available under the Bazaar tab, under assets. If the content is a module, you can now enable the module in-game like any other module.

Other Notes

Our Patreon Integration differs from purchasing a package in a few ways.

• Users can download content purchased traditionally, but cannot download content obtained through our Patreon integration.
  • If you become ineligible to access a package through Patreon integration where you were previously, any already installed/enabled content will remain installed. However, once the content is removed, you will be unable to install it. In addition, you will no longer receive updates for Patreon integration content until you become eligible again.

It’s not working here. :frowning:

Hello, patreon might be a bit slow right now since it is the 1-3rd of the month.
I would also recommend for you to go to “account”, and check if your patreon is linked, and if it is, refresh your pledge.

Yes, my patreon account has been linked for a few months and has never worked in the store. I have no access to the contents of Baileywiki, JB2 and dragonfire. In this way, I am downloading everything manually.

Even doing it manually, the dragonfire module has not been working on my forge for almost 2 months …

EDIT: [working now] THX

I’m currently blocked by Forge from using Baileywiki’s stuff manually (using the JSON link he provides in premium posts) and when I try and refresh my pledges using my linked Patreon account I just got 504: Gateway errors. It’s kind of a bummer to not have access to the stuff you pay for.

Hello!
This might be on patreons side, but I’ll have a look. As on the first, pledges gets updated.
I am not sure why you would get the gateway error. Does it work if you try it locally?

I am unable to download the JB2A premium module in the forge. When I look at the link settings with Patreon in the Forge, it is not set to jb2a, but to the URL of my Patreon account page. How can I set it to jb2a?

Of course, I am a patron of JB2A.
I have registered the same email address for both Forge and Patreon.

Hello! So even thought it’s the 5, I’ll remind people that patreon is a bit slow at times.

It seems like you haven’t linked your patreon over at Your account. It is at the bottom, under account information.

Hello!
Thanks for the way to link with Patreon.
I was able to link and install the module!

When I checked, I was able to register as a patron on Patreon, but for some reason I was not able to select a Tier.
So it seems that the link between Forge and Patreon was not working properly. That’s strange!

Hi! I’m also having problems with JB2A. My JB2A pledge is not showing up amongst my other Patreon pledges linked with the Forge. Is there a way to install the paid module manually?

Hello there!

I’m unable to link my patreon account to my forge account. I get this error when doing the link procedure via My Account:

I don’t know what to do, is there anybody who could help? I pledged on Patreon for JB2A but I won’t be able to use the animations because of this I’m afraid :frowning:

There was some issues with patreon that I noticed yesterday night, possibly they had some problems and that would likely explain the error you’re seeing (which basically says “could not authenticate you with Patreon”). Can you try again and see if it’s resolved? I haven’t seen any new issues with Patreon since last night (and that lasted about 30 minutes, you were just unlucky I suppose).

It is indeed working now :smiley: Have a good day!