Hoping to find some DnD!

Hello, potential player and/or DM. My name is Avis and I’m looking for a game to join. I do have an idea for a character to play, but first let me list out the basics of what I’m searching for:

1. System - DnD 5e
2. Time - EST Fridays (maybe 6 pm start time) or Weekends in the afternoon/evenings
3. Communications - I do have Discord
4. Game genre and Gameplay style - I would love to play in a horror, grim dark, high fantasy setting. I would like there to be high stakes. I also would like a fair amount of role playing. I’d be okay with a range of 50/50 or 60/40 of role play to combat if possible.

If you’ve made it this far, awesome! Let me tell you a bit about myself and my character idea.

I’ve had little experience role playing and playing TTRPGs. My first game of 5e went about a year, but it was poorly run, and I couldn’t tell you the plot if I tried. I’ve done a few sessions of Call of Cthulhu which was interesting. My last DnD game of barely 3 months fell apart for reasons I do not know. I’ve been wanting to find a good game where I could really get into the roleplaying and the story.

Character Idea: (I’m more than happy to come up with anything, but here’s my current idea) I would like to play a human female Wizard. She’d be middle aged, and on the run from her possibly deceased abusive husband’s oppressive patriarchal family. She is also the second born of twins to a mid-level noble family. She’s on the run from the in-laws, but also wants to discover who she is now that she finally has the freedom to be herself. She is unsure yet suspects that there is something about her that her family kept hushed about. Maybe something unlocks in her as she develops her wizarding abilities.
I would love to incorporate more into this character based on the place setting chosen by the DM, but there’s my background idea to start off with.

If you’d like to chat more about myself and my character and you have a campaign that fits, reach out to me! Here or on Discord.

Smiley day to you :slight_smile: Avis#6626