HELP, Nothing is working!

I just installed Crucible and now nothing is working in any of my games. No maps will load, can’t view any character sheets, Nothing! What did I break???

Update: Character sheets now back, Maps still wont load. No errors being shown that I can see.

Hi,
Is that on the crucible game or your other games? What system do those other games use? Since crucible only support Foundry v11, I assume you upgrade to Foundry v11, were you using v11 before or did you upgrade your other worlds to v11 at the same time? We still do not recommend v11 as it can have various stability issues at this time.
Did you try to enable safe config for your world, as it might be caused by a module that is broken? How to enable Safe Configuration - Docs - The Forge

As an alternative, you could try to downgrade back to foundry v10. If you use the Game Manager feature, then it should have given you a backup of your worlds before they were upgraded, so you may want to find that in your downloads folder, then use the Import wizard to restore it to the backup (make sure you make a new export of your world before you overwrite it, just in case).
I hope that helps.

Running 11, none are working, I even removed Crucible as it happened right after putting it in, tried safe config still nothing

I upgraded to 11 last week and didn’t have any problems with it until installing Crucible

Hey there :wave:

This sounds like it might be a v11 bug where compendiums failing to open can lead to a silent crash on the Foundry server.

It’s a bit hard to troubleshoot from a distance, but could you please have a look at View Foundry Logs here

and post a screenshot of any errors you see there?

You can also hop into the Forge Discord server and create a ticket in #ticket-support with a link back to this topic and an invite to your game world, and one of us might be able to hop in with you to help troubleshoot.

I see that you posted an update stating that your character sheets are working but your maps are not. This sounds like a module error or possibly a browser error. Make sure to check that there are no errors in the dev tools console (F12) in game, and that you have tried it in Safe Configuration!

I am not a programmer, or a script-er, dev tools sounds Greek to me, I am no developer. I am an old dude who likes to play DnD. :slight_smile:
As to the invite,to the game, I can do that, but my job makes jumping in difficult at short notice, I’m a truckdriver by trade and my schedule varies greatly day to day.

First I tried deleting games, resetting to v10.291 and using the import wizard with the last run v10.291 backup. That still didn’t work… SO…
Ok, I went with the shotgun tacit, I del all games and uninstalled all modules and systems, then started from a blank world after confirming setting to v10.291. When I try to create a scene and load it it returns the error “Thumbnail generation for scene failed.” and does nothing. This is with a compleatly fresh install of everything I can remove and reinstall. What ever is wrong is not accessable by me at least as far as my limited programming skills {.02%}. I am not sure where to go at this point. As for the logs,
Understand this is after removing ALL modules and not reinstalling any of them…

This is from my last attempt, I don’t think it shows anything usefull…
2023-06-26 10:00:33 [info] Vended World data to User [htjzmKYZY4GtxQMY] in 1538ms

2023-06-26 10:00:33 [info] No system update for DnD5e - Fifth Edition System is currently available.

2023-06-26 10:00:31 [info] User authentication successful for user Torin Jasoon

2023-06-26 10:00:31 [info] Created client session 422b14f94f845a9e42533c91

2023-06-26 10:00:31 [info] Created client session 0c758e3867ff3229cb85d4ec

2023-06-26 10:00:30 [info] Created client session 0e894261cd113aa4a15506e3

2023-06-26 10:00:30 [info] Server started and listening on port 30000

2023-06-26 10:00:29 [warn] The module “dndbeyond-xgte” is using the old flat core compatibility fields which are deprecated in favor of the new “compatibility” object
Deprecated since Version 10
Backwards-compatible support will be removed in Version 13

2023-06-26 10:00:29 [warn] module “dndbeyond-xgte” contains “system” which is deprecated in favor of “relationships.systems”

2023-06-26 10:00:29 [warn] The module “dndbeyond-xgte” contains “dependencies” which is deprecated in favor of “relationships.requires”

2023-06-26 10:00:29 [warn] The module “dndbeyond-xgte” contains dependencies using “name” which is deprecated in favor of “id”

2023-06-26 10:00:29 [warn] The module “dndbeyond-xgte” contains compendium pack data which uses the deprecated “entity” field which must be migrated to “type”
Deprecated since Version 9
Backwards-compatible support will be removed in Version 11

2023-06-26 10:00:29 [warn] The module “dndbeyond-tcoe” is using the old flat core compatibility fields which are deprecated in favor of the new “compatibility” object

2023-06-26 10:00:29 [warn] module “dndbeyond-tcoe” contains “system” which is deprecated in favor of “relationships.systems”

2023-06-26 09:33:07 [error] Metadata validation failed for module “koboldpressogl”: Module validation errors:
packs:
1:
type: may not be undefined
0:
Error: Metadata validation failed for module “koboldpressogl”: Module validation errors:
packs:
1:
0:
at DataModelValidationFailure.asError (file:///opt/foundryvtt/common/data/validation-failure.mjs:81:12)
at Module.validate (file:///opt/foundryvtt/common/abstract/data.mjs:308:59)
at new DataModel (file:///opt/foundryvtt/common/abstract/data.mjs:62:10)
at new BasePackage (file:///opt/foundryvtt/common/packages/base-package.mjs:108:5)
at new BaseModule (file:///opt/foundryvtt/common/packages/base-module.mjs:13:16)
at new ServerPackageMixin (file:///opt/foundryvtt/dist/packages/package.mjs:1:2074)
at new Module (file:///opt/foundryvtt/dist/packages/module.mjs:1:278)
at Module.fromManifestPath (file:///opt/foundryvtt/dist/packages/package.mjs:1:6226)
at file:///opt/foundryvtt/dist/packages/package.mjs:1:5357
at Array.reduce ()

2023-06-26 09:33:07 [error] Metadata validation failed for module “dndbeyond-xgte”: Module validation errors:
packs:
17:

For anyone else looking at a similar issue, it looks like you found the cause of the problem on our Discord server.
The problem being that something broke in your Chrome installation and reinstalling Chrome fixed it. :+1:
Glad you got it working again!