Changing Owners

Hey I want to give ownership of one of my games to someone else. How do I do that exactly? They have a GM Forge Account but I’m not sure how to switch it over so that they have complete control of it.

I would just tell you to Export the game, then send it to them. ^^
You can do so from “My Foundry”

1 Like

I did. It didn’t do much at all really. I exported the character sheets and those have been imported so that’s good at least. I’m not 100% sure what the export world even really did because there wasn’t anything in the game when we loaded in.

The ‘Export world’ button would make your browser download an export of your world to your local machine as a zip file (check your downloads folder, the exported world should be in there). You would then be able to send that zip file to your friend, who can then use the ‘Summon Import Wizard’ option to import it into their own account.

Unfortunately, there isn’t any other way of doing this because transferring the ownership of the game wouldn’t work as long as the actual game data is on your account and not there, so the best way to do that is to export the game and have your friend import it.

2 Likes

Alright. Thank you very much! I’ll start exporting then