Importing Worlds/Modules/Systems - W/ Video Tutorial

Uploading Worlds, modules and systems to Foundry

To first get to your “User Data”, Right click Foundry on your taskbar, and Browse User Data
From here you can copy the path.

To upload you Worlds, systems and modules, you’ll have to go to My Foundry over at the Forge website
And scroll down to Summon Import Wizard
summon2
This will bring up the Import Wizard.

Pressing local folder, you can press browse and choose anything withing the Data(from the User Data we found in the start) and the Import Wizard will register what Assets, worlds, systems, and modules you have.

Recommended is to Upload the full Data folder, so you don’t lose any assets in the process.

Uploading a R20 converter world

If you wish to use R20Converter, you can do so by first creating a folder on your desktop, called Data.
Inside this data folder, have a folder called worlds

So it looks like:

Data

worlds

Then convert your .zip/.json file and select the Data folder as the destination. Then you use the “Import Wizard” at the forge page to upload the Data folder.

3 Likes

Is there a way to import from exported Roll20 zip files? I have a campaign with just the characters I want to import, it pulled their tokens and portraits into the asset library but the actual characters don’t appear in game.

For others looking for the answer, here’s what I answered you on Discord :

You’d need to use R20Converter to convert the campaign into a Foundry world, then you can import that world

if you just need handouts, then you can convert it as a module and so you can selectively import what you want into an existing world

note that importing modules into the forge does not separate the assets, so depending on the campaign, the size might be too big and won’t upload or will fill up the quota

you can also just open it locally, and right click the journal and use the native export/import

1 Like

Hi, I’m trying to import a Roll20 game with the Exporter/Converter combo, and I get an error “Requires System Update.” I’m pretty sure that’s because the game has no system set for it to use, but I don’t know how I can set one for it to use. Thanks!

1 Like

In your converted folder, you’re going to have a file called world.json.
If you open that in a text editor, change this line:

"system": "dnd5e",

Into:

"system": "pf1",

Save your changes and attempt your upload.
Please make sure this is done on the file before you upload it to the Forge as you cannot currently edit files uploaded to your Forge table directly.

I’ve just opened an account and want to use the import wizard to… well… import some world goodness… but my Mac is hiding my files… The video you have (and the YouTube ones) are great for PCs. Can you help?

1 Like

Can you right click on the foundry icon in your taskbar? That might give you the file location. In any case, it’s in

~/Library/Application Support/FoundryVTT

Mac hides the library folder as well. You can find it by holding the option key and clicking the Go menu in the Finder.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll have a hunt. I love Macs… and I hate them… I’ll let you know how I go.

It is indeed as you say. I had to SHIFT + OPTION + . in the wizard to get the files visible. Many thanks. I think I’m ok (for now!).

1 Like

Hi Im new here, I just followed the instructions on the video to upload my world, I was playing on the foundry server and downloaded a zip file with all worlds, assets and modules, after importing the zip file with the wizard my world appears in the server and my assets are on the library but they are not in the world, the map image, tokens, music, etc. they dont appear, only the thumbnail for the scenes appears, I can see in my assets library that all my files where imported but the game doesn’t load them to the world, did I do something wrong?

Hello @alagard that is usually because of Discord pictures and such.
Would you mind pressing F12 to show the console and look for errors.
You can send the screenshots here or over in the Discord

And if nothing else, I would recommend uploading a Folder instead of a Zip file.

Deleted everything and unzipped the files, then uploaded just the data folder, seems to be working now, thanks

Hi there, I’m new here as well and experiencing the same issue as alagard trying to import my assets. I can see them in the cloud but none of them display properly on the canvas. I did not upload in a zip file, I followed the instructions and just copied the data path. Any chance someone can help me figure out where it went wrong? Not familiar with manipulating the console.

I am looking into it, I’ll give a response as soon as I have a solution for you :heart:

Pretty sure you’re the one we helped on Discord, anyway, it was a server side bug which I’ve fixed earlier, so should be all good now :partying_face:

This doesn’t work for me can’t find my world

It should be there if you followed the tutorial.
Unless you’ve changed your folder directory. In that case you should be able to follow the text guide.
If you could expand on what the problem may be?

I exactly followed your step and get “failed to upload assets.” Not sure what I am doing wrong.

Hey Zarkimbo. While we would love to help you over the forums for this issue, it sounds like this is an issue that would be better solved via live discussion on Discord. If you are amenable to this, you can follow the Discord link below. If you would rather troubleshoot on the forums, let us know.